“Great place for lunch with a cold microbrew”

Darryl's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #9 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Veasley St
Transit: Use the Greensboro Transit Authority Bus System. Mon- Sat. use Route 11 stop 3 at the High Point Rd. and Pinecroft intersection, and Sun. take Route 25 stop 3 at the same intersection. More information regarding the Greensboro Transit Authority is available via http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/GDOT/divisions/gta/routes/
Description: Since 1971 we’ve been known for our 100% wood fire grilled steaks, ribs, and Southern classics. We expanded in 2010 with a $2 million renovation that included two outdoor fire pits, an outdoor bar, large patio, themed seating areas, new large bar, business bar, and state of the art kitchen. Although steaks and ribs are our specialty, we offer a large and diverse, made from scratch menu. With a World Class Bar program consisting of 24 craft beers on draft, 24 wines by the glass, and a 10-page menu– we’re sure you’ll find something to please your taste buds. Our two-story restaurant has plenty of room for all your friends and we’re eager to accommodate groups of all sizes up to 130 people. You can even reserve the fire pit areas and theatre room for private events! Enjoy your meal in a glamorous theatre room, floating ferris wheel seat, elevator booth, jailhouse or snuggle up with S’mores for dessert by one of our outdoor fire pits. Located across from the Koury Convention Center and close by the Greensboro Coliseum.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband was here on business and we decided to go to Darryl's for lunch.

I had French onion soup and my husband had the baked potato soup. We shared a prime rib sandwich with aus jus that was just delicious. They have an incredible list of microbrews along with a huge list of wines.
The service was very good as well.

We will go back when in Greensboro.

Jennifer H, Guest Relations Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for coming to see us on your recent trip through Greensboro! We understand the importance of being able to enjoy a cold microbrew with your lunch. Trust me, we do! I hope you will come through here again soon to see us!

There are newer reviews for Darryl's Wood Fired Grill

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Cajun shrimp, burgers, ribs, and french dip, plus great local beers on tap. Close to the Sheraton and good for large groups (our group of 14 ate on the terrace) and families.

We love our travelers! I'm glad to hear you and your family had a great experience with us. I hope you'll travel this way again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Aleeza was such a great waitress. She made are dinner enjoyable. She was great with the kids! She sang happy birthday to my daughter and let the other kids be her back up dancers/ singers. She was great. The food was good.

I'm happy to hear that your experience was made awesome by Aleeza. We will pass along the kudos to her. I hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Steaks, ribs, and fish were very good, reasonably priced. Service was prompt and they were very attentive!

Jennifer H, Guest Relations Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed three of our most popular grilled items over our wood fired grill, along with great service! We hope to see you back at Darryl's very soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have visited Darryl’s in the past and it was wonderful then and I especially liked sitting up in the top section of the restaurant. The other day I had the pleasure of visiting Darryl’s again with a group that is preparing to go to South Africa for our special person’s dinner. It was an amazing and pleasurable experience. The food was prepared just for our group to prepare our palate to go to South Africa, the staff was amazing and very prompt and courteous and everyone was very accommodating. The food was fabulous and the presentation of the food was beautiful. Not only did I feel important from just being able to eat the five course meal that was prepared for us but then to be able to meet the chef, Jeff at the end made me feel like one of the movie stars you see on TV. Thank you so much to Darryl’s for this awesome experience, you are the best!

Thank YOU for that beautiful review! We're always very happy to support our community. Safe travels to South Africa!