“Best part of Greensboro NC”

Darryl's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #9 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Veasley St
Transit: Use the Greensboro Transit Authority Bus System. Mon- Sat. use Route 11 stop 3 at the High Point Rd. and Pinecroft intersection, and Sun. take Route 25 stop 3 at the same intersection. More information regarding the Greensboro Transit Authority is available via http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/GDOT/divisions/gta/routes/
Description: Since 1971 we’ve been known for our 100% wood fire grilled steaks, ribs, and Southern classics. We expanded in 2010 with a $2 million renovation that included two outdoor fire pits, an outdoor bar, large patio, themed seating areas, new large bar, business bar, and state of the art kitchen. Although steaks and ribs are our specialty, we offer a large and diverse, made from scratch menu. With a World Class Bar program consisting of 24 craft beers on draft, 24 wines by the glass, and a 10-page menu– we’re sure you’ll find something to please your taste buds. Our two-story restaurant has plenty of room for all your friends and we’re eager to accommodate groups of all sizes up to 130 people. You can even reserve the fire pit areas and theatre room for private events! Enjoy your meal in a glamorous theatre room, floating ferris wheel seat, elevator booth, jailhouse or snuggle up with S’mores for dessert by one of our outdoor fire pits. Located across from the Koury Convention Center and close by the Greensboro Coliseum.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The restaurant is decorated with a New Orleans "feel" and the staff was wonderful. The beef ribs were very good.

Jennifer H, Guest Relations Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for the short and sweet review! I hope you'll come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were very happy with this place to dine. There were four of us and the bill came to just under $70 for our lunch. Our server could have done a better job but the appetizers, and meals were really great to eat.

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the food. If you remember the server's name or what the server could have improved on, I'd like to provide some feedback to them. My email is Jennifer@darryls.com. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was just in here for a brief business lunch and did not feel hungry at all. I ordered the French Onion soup and it was to die for! Added to that, they appeared to have their own baked (large) crackers to go with it. I wish I had been hungry!
My colleagues both had something more substantial and both dishes looked good and they enjoyed them.
I'd travel back there just for the soup.
The service also suited our need for a quieter part of the restaurant where we could discuss business - very accommodating of our needs and we had very good service all round - very friendly staff.

A wonderful review! Thank you! I feel like we have plenty of rooms to accomodate any need of our guests. We certainly have quieter areas for business, and I'm glad you enjoyed the French Onion Soup. Thank you again for the review, and I hope we get to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Darryl's is the place we go when we have picky eaters in the party; the menu is varied enough that everyone can find something they like. The food and service are reliably average. My favorite thing about Darryl's is the floor plan. With many small staircases leading to dining niches of various design, you'll feel like you're in an underground cave in one location, a railroad car in another, or on a ferris wheel. Kids love it; just don't let them go to the restroom by themselves because you won't be able to keep an eye on them and they may not find their way back through the maze of levels!

1  Thank lupara

Ha! I could easily see how a child could get lost while being mesmerized by everything we have in the restaurant! Were your children able to enjoy a tour with our Kids Concierge? If you have any feedback that could help us climb above average with our food, then please email me at Jennifer@darryls.com. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My favorite place for ribs bar none. One of the coolest atmospheres you'll ever dine in. Everything is top notch here from appetizers to dessert.

Mmmm....Now I want Ribs! :) Thank you for the short and sweet review. I hope you'll come back in to see us soon. We have more ribs with your name on them!