“Favorite Vietnamese in Greensboro”
Review of Pho Hien Voung

Pho Hien Voung
Ranked #9 of 936 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Love the pad Thai here. Yes pad Thai is obviously Thai, and this restaurant has Vietnamese and Thai food. Love every thing here and people that I know (who would know) say it is very authentic.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We've eaten lunch and dinner often and have enjoyed every meal. We especially like the lunch specials.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

As an Asian, I can have difficulty finding a restaurant that is authentic, while also pleasing my Caucasian husband. Authenticity is very important to me, but the cuisine can't be too foreign or else it will scare my husband away. Pho Hien Voung is a great compromise.

I've heard nothing but positive things about this restaurant so we finally tried it. The decor isn't too fancy but it was clean with a heath score of 97 (as I recall.) We ordered the cha gio (Vietnamese egg rolls) for our appetizer which came to the table piping hot and delicious served with a vinegar-based dipping sauce that I love but it's not a favorite of my husband's.

For our entrees, my husband ordered the beef pho which had a bit too much cinnamon in the broth for our liking. But the tastiest dish of the dinner was the pork spare ribs served in a clay pot. It's a savory dish with a rich, complex almost caramel-like sauce. We couldn't get enough of it! We literally were scraping the bottom of the pot to get every drop possible.

If you want a low-key meal that's reasonably priced, this is the place to go! Don't be scared when you pull into the parking lot. The restaurant may not be too impressive on the outside but don't judge a book by its cover.

1  Thank NoshingNC
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This place is just great. They remodeled a couple of years ago and the place looks nice. The service is always predictable and as fast as you would expect. Since Ly's closed this has been my place for good Vietnamese food.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

First time to this location and first time to vietnamese food. Overall I give a 4 stars because I have nothing to compare it to, but it was good food, qty and prices.

I had the seafood PHO, fried spring roll and fresh roll. Didnt care much for the fresh roll, but I can see where others would like it. The spring roll and PHO were excellent. The food was very fresh and hot.

The servers were friendly and the prices were good, with water to drink my meal was less than $15 and no way I could eat it all. I would recommend this location.

Thanks to tripadvisor for the information and thanks to GPS to helping me locate it.