“Well prepared, unique entrees and desserts.”

Undercurrent Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Undercurrent Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lindsey and Green Streets
Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“Well prepared, unique entrees and desserts.”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

At a recent dinner at Undercurrent we were able to sample the fish special and trout. Both were well prepared and included fresh, interesting vegetables that complemented the main item. We also had the special peach bread pudding, which was delicious. We are always pleasantly surprised when we visit this restaurant. While not among the top 5 restaurants in Greensboro, it is certainly in the top 10.

• Visited July 2014

Bethesda, Maryland
“Terrific Meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were there to celebrate a graduation from Elon, and when they confirmed on the phone, they said they couldn't add space for two more people because they were fully booked. When we got there, half the tables were unoccupied, and they didn't become occupied. Nevertheless, we had a wonderful meal. The decor was tasteful, the service competent and friendly, the food was excellent as was the bottle wine the server suggested. They were flexible about making some changes to our dishes, and they increased the size of an appetizer to make sure everyone could taste it, adding only a dollar or two to the price. We were neither kept waiting nor rushed through the meal. I would be happy to go there again if I am ever in Greensboro.

• Visited May 2014
The Woodlands, Texas
“Outstanding Meals Graciously Served”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We chose wisely when we selected Undercurrent to host our son's graduation celebration from Elon University. Arriving from Houston we relied on online reviews. All 8 of us enjoyed an outstanding meal. The courses were perfectly paced such that we never felt rushed or were waiting. Our waiter joyfully accommodated a few dietary requirements. This restaurant is as fine as any we have enjoyed. Highly recommend!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PDawnC
“Glad we took a chance!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Read reviews with mixed emotions, and decided to give it a try! Very glad we did. It was a very quiet Tuesday night and later in the evening so we pretty much had the run of the place. Our server was polite but a little stiff. I had a glass of the Marchetti white, which was wonderful others at the table enjoyed the Russian River Pinot. I was hoping to see a mixed cocktail menu after seeing so many great concoctions on the website, but that wasnt happening. All of the food served was delicious and plentiful. I had the pan seared sea scallops. They were done to perfection, literally melting in my mouth. The presentation was fantastic and the flavors of the accompanying "Coconut-Cardamom Forbidden Rice, Mango-Chile Coulis, Pickled Shiitake-Pineapple Salad" were perfect! A bit of warning though, there is a very spicy/hot after taste from the chiles so be heedful if you do not like spicy or hot foods. The forbidden rice was fantastic and the salad refreshing. I am not sure which size I got as I wasnt asked a preference. I believe that the server should have inquired which size I wanted as it comes in both the small or large plate. Due to this, I am unable to say if this would satisfy a large eater. It was the perfect size for me. I did not have dessert but others in my party did, and trust me when I say, we couldn't even get a taste! I do believe the plate was "licked" clean. Overall, this was a very nice dining experience and it is in great proximity to the Marriott Downtown. It is probably not for families but great for adult groups or a romantic dinner.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Susan Z
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Overpriced and average”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for dinner with my spouse. Menu has a nice selection but everything was just average. Had frog legs $11, and spring rolls$11 for an appetizer. Dinner lamb rack$35 and scallops $27. Bread pudding $8.50 for dessert.
The service was good but the atmosphere was very stuffy and sterile.
Overall, I've had better for less. Won't eat here again.
If you're looking for a good place try Southern Roots it's a foodie haven.

1 Thank Trini_Soca_12