“The Undercurrent Rocks Again”

Undercurrent Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Undercurrent Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lindsey and Green Streets
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I used to love to go to the Undercurrent when it was on Elm Street. When it moved to its present location on Battleground some years ago, I thought the new space was fantastic but the food was not as good. Having a meal there a few days ago with friends, my mind was changed. The food was excellent, the service very good even on a busy holiday service. Most off, the Undercurrent has a great wine list with some wonderful choices at manageable prices. I am very glad they are back on top.

1  Thank poet-taster

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've been here multiple times over the years, and I picked this restaurant for dinner with friends because it was convenient. Also I thought the menu had enough variety to please individual tastes. While having drinks at the bar, the manager was in the corner loudly complaining about a group who apparently had moved from one table to another. He also mocked a guest and made snide comments about others. He was short with me about our table, and I felt very bad for the waitstaff if this was his normal behavior. The organic green salad and the salmon dish were tasty, but the manager put a damper on the whole event. I would recommend taking friends and business guests elsewhere downtown like Nico's or Table 16 instead. The managers at these establishments are more accommodating and nicer.

3  Thank careerm0m
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was never so happy to re-discover the Undercurrent! Having moved away, I did not realize they had moved My lunch there was absolutely delicious! I had the chef's crab cake special and the flavors were perfectly blended. Coffee was rich and fresh. John was my server and he was over the top in customer service. I'll be back again and again

2  Thank PatFarrellCoach
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We started going to this restaurant for lunch many years ago when it was downtown on S. Elm St. We can honestly say that each visit has been a very positive experience. The food has always been delicious with evidence of the utmost thought put into the menu choices. The owner is very hands-on and personable and likes to mingle with his clientele. We highly recommend this restaurant for a wonderful dining experience.

1  Thank Dlynn00
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant has magnificent food, wonderfully attentive service and a great ambiance. A great feature is their Friday free corkage offer where you can bring a favorite bottle to have with your meal. Three Stars! (Sorry, Michelin . . . .)

1  Thank Mark27403