“Best sushi in Greensboro!”

Akashi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #333 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Best sushi in Greensboro!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Akashi definitely serves the best sushi in Greensboro and their don-bowls are also really delicious! When my boyfriend and I went there on a date, we had a great conversation with the owner and he even gave us a complimentary sushi roll. We were stuffed. Considering the quality of the food, the price was very cheap.

The owner/chef is so kind and personable. The decoration in the restaurant has a kind of kitschy charm to it that my boyfriend and I love, with Shonen Jump cutouts underneath the glass tables. It was a great experience and I come back whenever I'm craving Japanese food and recommend it to all of my friends.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Faye D

Sydney, Australia
“Good food and service”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We found this using our phone app and had good Donburi and soba noodles. The sashimi was fresh as well. Our server was very attentive. Would go back next time.

• Visited December 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A nice Japanese restaurant”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We went to Akashi for our anniversary dinner and really enjoyed the food. We ordered some sushi, Hibachi style shrimp and Nabeyaki – Udon. Everything was fresh and delicious. Sushi wasn't the best quality but not bad either. They have the authentic Japanese dishes and we had a pleasant experience.
It is a family owned restaurant and the service we received was excellent. Akashi is definitely a place worth visiting if you like Japanese food.

• Visited June 2012
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By FAR the best sushi in the state of NC”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have been fortunate to have known the owners/chefs since my undergraduate days at UNCG. I would visit there at least twice a week. Nine years later I am still in love with this place. Suk and Tsujii are amazing at authentic dishes and fresh beautiful sushi. Everything is always fresh and amazing..and somehow they have this special gift for picking the most amazing fruit to place on your plate as your after dinner treat. I know this place looks so small from the outside, but the staff and food will make you return time and time again. I currently live in D.C. and have YET to find sushi as good as Tsujii makes it.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Brandy H
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Excellent sushi with vegan options too”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My son turned me on to this place as he and his college friends and band mates go here frequently. The sushi is always top notch - fresh and imaginative in it's presentation. If "bait" is not your thing, they also have some cooked options on the menu. If you aren't into "murder" as my vegan son calls it, there are also vegan options.

We have never had anything but exceptional service and top quality sushi, fresh and delicious. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2011