“AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME”

Giacomo's Italian Market
Ranked #39 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Italian
Description: “Call it fate,” he said. Giacomo Santomauro, the grandson of Italian immigrants, did not initially set out to open an Italian market. Instead, he dreamed of life as a firefighter, ultimately landing a job in High Point. But the desire to carry on his family’s tradition prevailed, and, after the birth of his second child, he found himself returning to his roots. Nearly two decades later, Giacomo’s Italian Market continues to please the Greensboro community with great homemade, authentic Italian products. Since day one, our commitment has been to using only the highest quality, freshest ingredients and providing nothing less than superior service to our customers. Authentic, robust Italian flavors from homemade sausages, salamis and cheeses are what Giacomo’s Italian Market is all about. In a word, we insist on doing things the only way we know: the “right” way. Giacomo's has an extensive line of home-made sauces, sausages, salads and desserts, as well as an assortment of fresh baked breads and rolls. We would love for you to stop by our quaint deli for a fresh, artisan-made lunch! If you require catering for your party or special occasion, Giacomo's can prepare platters that will save you time without ever compromising taste.
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Every time I go to Greensboro on business, I have to make the trip to Giacomo's. This has got to be the best subs ever. You have to go there once, you will be addicted and go back many times.

1  Thank VickiSL
There are newer reviews for Giacomo's Italian Market

Reviewed July 27, 2009

Wow. I have lived in GSO for 10 years and only this past weekend did I finally make it in to Giacomo's... which is silly b/c I'd been told how good it is by friends who know me well... but, I am vegetarian, so even with their insistence, I was slightly unsure...
My loss for waiting so long. I had the vegetarian sub- grilled eggplant, roasted red peppers, and fresh Mozz... I may add that ALL of those ingredients are prepared in house. The bread was flaky and perfect, the veggies had a great balsalmic vinegar flavor, and the mozz was creamy perfection.
As I looked at the menu, my one friend told me- they will make you whatever you want... which I soon also heard the guy behind the counter tell another customer. I used to eat meat, so I could still appreciate the other items on the menu... and as much as I hate to admit it- pork is the only meat I miss, so reading the descriptions made me regret not getting in there 6 years ago when I still ate meat! :) My fiance and I were also getting some olives to take with us, and when we requested a few of a type we'd not seen before, the guy behind the counter gave us one each to try to make sure we'd like them- and we didn't, so that was cool of him. He said not many people do, but those who do love them, so they still sell them, but he didn't want us getting something we didn't like. Nice.
There are a few tables inside and out, but you might be smart to plan to eat elsewhere if it's during the lunch hour.
Even if you're not up for a sub, you can get everything from Mozz to sun-dried tomatoes, to grilled/roasted zucchini, eggplant, peppers, several different meats and a variety of olives... They also have fresh pasta and sauces you can purchase to make dinner at home... I don't think they're open past maybe 6? So, if you want to get food for dinner, check out their hours first. The place is quality for sure and I am sure I will be returning very soon.

2  Thank TravelFoodWine07