“Good mean with good entertainment”

Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #206 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Roxboro NC
“Good mean with good entertainment”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had made reservations for 8 pm for Sunday evening and upon arrival the hostess said she didn't have it. I told her the lady that took my reservations even said "we will hold it for 10 minutes incase you are running late" which I thought was good customer service. The hostess then proceeded to seat us with the 7:50 crowd (it was 8 pm and they had not seated them yet) and in that group was a man wearing a ball cap, a child in arms (about 9 months old), a child about 7 and his wife that looked like she had just rolled out of bed and threw on yesterday's bluejeans....I told the manager that this was a special occasion and that "eating with children" was not my idea of an evening out. Said there wasn't anything he could do but we could wait until the next seating - which he didn't know what time that would be. We went ahead and at with this group. I was very surprise at the attire of the folks in this town going out to eat at a nice restaurant like this but the food was good...they serve way too much rice and veggies with the meal. They do provide chop sticks without having to ask for them. It is typical of the Japanese cook at your table restaurant and I chose this one because the others listed on TripAdvisor did not have consistently good review.

• Visited January 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Love me some Kabuto.. :)”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love love love Kabuto. Never a long wait. Staff is friendly and they are always refilling drinks which is nice. Food is excellent-I always get the chicken and shrimp and it's a ton of food! They also do caramelized bananas at the end of the meal. I believe that they have the best soup around w/ the little crispies. :) I like how they offer discounts like the 2 can dine for $30 Sunday-Thursday and they also have a kids eat free option when you bring canned goods. Kabuto and Arigato's are by far the best Japanese restaurants in Greensboro.

• Visited November 2012
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
“Food with a Flare!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great food with a real flare! Order from the Menu and have it coked right before your eyes! Then the chef "FLIPS" it right off the grill and onto your plate. It's really entertaining and delicious!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank JohnHarveySmith
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Great Food - Habachi-Style Restaurant”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Easy to find near a shopping mecca of big box stores. The staff were friendly and young. The chef was talented and engaging-even sparking a little one's attention with oohs and aahs!

We had filet and ribeye grill meals which were flavorful and cooked perfectly. The portions were huge, could not finish the whole thing. And as a finish to our meal-they prepared bananas foster on the grill…really good!

The restaurant could use a renovation. Carpets were worn and generally everything looked 'tired.' But would return for the meal!

Greensboro, NC
“We go here because the kids love the show”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The kids like this place because of the whole cooking show expericnce. The food is good but it is a little pricey, which is why we only go a few times a year. The scallops and steak is the way to go here, the gyoza appetizer is also pretty good. Plus it was my sons birthday and he picked this place......as always!

• Visited September 2012