“Great dining experience, a smidge over-priced”
Review of The Melting Pot - CLOSED

The Melting Pot
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cone Blvd to the South, Westridge Rd to the North
Description: Indulge in an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service and fabulous four-course fondue dinners.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great dining experience, a smidge over-priced”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We went here for my girlfriends birthday dinner. We'd heard great reviews of the experience and really wanted to try the place out. We arrived on time for our reservation but still had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated ( I guess that's what you get for the small intimate feeling). We ordered 2 of the 4 course dining experiences. We had the spinach artichoke cheese dip appetizer, two of the strawberry almond special salads ( probably the best salad I've ever had), the classic entree and the surf and turf entree, finally we had the marshmallow dream dessert. The good itself was immaculate. It was a bit strange cooking your own meat but we really enjoyed the dipping of the appetizer and dessert. I would of liked to see a couple more pieces of meat on my plate but the variety overrules quantity in that matter.

Overall the bill was about $120 with tip. I'd highly recommend the dinner for a special occasion, anniversary or birthday but it's not your typical Friday night out. Maybe once or twice a year at best. Great service and cozy atmosphere just a little pricy.

Hickory, North Carolina
“making playing with your food a romantic experience!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Love this place! Have been wanting to go to a Melting Pot for years now and finally got the chance when my husband took me for Valentine's Day. They had a special Valentine's day menu, which was awesome. Our waiter was amazing, super knowledgeable, friendly, and outgoing! He was quick to make adjustments to the special menu to meet out tastes and my husband's seafood allergy. The whole night was a really fun experience. The cheese fondue was awesome, all of the meats were great and it was great being able to cook them yourselves to your liking. Came with some awesome dipping sauces and our server was quick to make suggestions as to which ones went best with which meats. He was so helpful! Oh, and the chocolate. We barely had room left, but we made it happen. Chocolate covered strawberries, bananas, rice crispy treats, brownie.. mmm. My mouth is watering writing this review. Will definitely be going back to sure!! If you've never been, you HAVE TO GO!

Best Valentine's Day date night ever!

• Visited February 2013
Roxboro NC
“Treat yourself to a wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Arrived about 15 minutes before our reservations and were quickly seated. Had Mack for a waiter and he was very informative and helpful. There is a LOT of food to eat! The best dessert was the dark chocolate with carmel and nuts. Some folks my think this is a little pricey but the value is there. They are very good about letting you substitute/interchange items. We didn't drink any wine because that was very overpriced even though you get a 10$ discount when you are buying a 4 or 5 course dinner. If you go to The Melting Pot in Greensboro , ask for MACK.

Visited January 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful service! Fabulous food! Great celebration!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went for my birthday this week and had such a wonderful time. I called earlier in the day to ask a few questions about the childrens menu. What a great deal, all that food at next to nothing for the kids! When we arrived there were roses and balloons and a card waiting on us! Its a nice surprise to walk in to that when not expecting it. Our server Josh was very patient with us since we had children, made serveral suggestions and was most friendly the entire evening. The wine list was nice and we found a perfect selection to accompany our dinners. We enjoyed the cheese and the chocolate the most but everything was great! Thanks for a very memorable birthday celebration with my little family! We will be back much sooner than later!

• Visited November 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Happy Birthday-- NOT !”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Booked this for my birthday dinner. The food was ok, but NOT worth the price. This place is far over priced.

Visited September 2011