“I can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Liberty Oak

Liberty Oak
Ranked #66 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
High Point, North Carolina
“I can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

This restaurant was brought to my attention by a Living Social offer. I dined there last night and everything was FABULOUS!! I had the crab cake for an appetizer and the ravioli for dinner. The ravioli was filled with beef short ribs, goat cheese and black beans and topped with tomato and basil - just a few of my favorite things. My palate was very happy. I'm fairly new to the area and have been seeking a restaurant that not only serves good food, but is a comfortable place for a single diner to enjoy. I've found that place at Liberty Oak Bar & Grill. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Visited July 2011

goodtaste31
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Excellent, fresh food. Great service. Very nice place to dine.

North Carolina
“We will be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

My fiance and I, along with another couple, dined at Liberty Oak on a Saturday evening before attending a play at Triad Stage. The atmosphere was very relaxed and our waiter was attentive and humorous, but not bothersome. All four of us ordered something different from the menu and no one was disappointed.....to a person, we cleaned our plates. I had the scallop wanton bowl and it was excellent; the other parties had the duck, tuna, and ravioli and said the same of their meals. The presentation was very nice. We ordered dessert....chocolate bourbon pecan pie, creme brulee and carrot cake. The portions were huge and they were delicious! The only negative I have is that these wonderful desserts were served on those thick white cafeteria-style plates which had obviously seen better days. They were scratched up and dirty looking (although I'm sure they were clean). It really ruined the presentation of the desserts. We were surprised at this since our meal was served on very nice white square plates.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“casual fine dining at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

Husband had the fried chicken and I had the scallops and shrimp wonton bowl. Wonderful service, wonderful atmosphere and great outdoor dining service! and the food was fantastic. Great wine list. I had the Layer Cake Merlot (south Aussie), what a great wine! Dessert was key lime...all food was fresh, unique, and perfectly prepared. Pet friendly dining alfresco!!! ice cold water brought to our golden retriever and she received lots of love from all staff and local patrons alike! Thanks Liberty Oaks...we will be back!!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Lovely evening... from food to service it was great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We arrived early in the evening and were seated at a little table outside nestled near crepe myrtles. Our server was prompt to come by. In fact we had another person come by to offer drinks right after that. I ordered the Southern fried chicken, which is so different than it sounds. The spicy homemade black bean salsa that tops it is so good. My husband asked for a favorite sandwich (honeycup mustand chicken) that wasn't even on the menu and our server didn't hesitate to accomodate him. Their pesto pasta is our favorite in town. This restaurant has been so consistantly good though the years. The food is excellent and the staff friendly and well trained. First choice for a lovely evening!

1 Thank ladyedaer