“top 5 in greensboro”

Fishbones
Ranked #38 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denizli, Turkey
“top 5 in greensboro”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

love fishbones... have lived abroad for years but if i visit greensboro its the first place i want to eat. Twisted Chicken burrito is great as are the chicken wings. wash them down with natty greens beer and life will seem sublime.

Visited August 2011

• Hebrew first
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great hangout”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I love goin with my dad here - a regular haunt for us. The waitstaff are quick, professional and can take the chatter/banter. They can seem serious/stressed at times but work as a team well, know what they are doing, remember the regulars, and try to treat the newbies well. All their tattoos remind me how I miss Portland Oregon & appreciate the college/urban feel of the older LIndley/Sunset Hills area. The menu is solid with options & the specials usually have a good hit in there. Very popular neighborhood hangout feel at a corner that is doing well. Just a good place to hang. Not too many beers on tap, but a good bottle selection.

Sacramento, California
“Cool/unique places for seafood lovers!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Had an early dinner here the other day and so enjoyed the uniqueness of this place! They have taken an older building and kept its charm while adding thier brand to it. Inside they have a full bar with several seating options, while the outside seating along the street of this corner restaurant gives you the downtown feel of this just off campus(UNCG) business along with some people watching.

They have several specials listed in the restaurant, along with a good selection on the menu. The are a variety of seafood sandwiches, salads and main course choices and items for those not in the mood for seafood. We started with the salmon rolls(kinda fixed like it was sushi) and they were great! For our meal, we tried the special which was a fish burrito--I believe grouper(they also have a taco). To me it sounded like a strange item--ive never had anything like it, but it was so good! I loved it!

The service was great. Be aware, there is no hostess, so seating is first come. Also, we came before the dinner crowd and by the time we left, the place was packed. I can certainly see why....this place can meet alot of needs for a dinner out....full bar, appetizers, great menu items for both seafood lovers and those who are not, along with great atmosphere. I believe our server was Donna and she was keeping everything moving along with being personable at different tables which makes you feel welcome and "at home". Im anxious to go back and try some of thier other items I have seen others rave about.

Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fish in Greensboro!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner at Fishbones. The place is small, so get there early on the weekends (~5:30), and the outdoor seating goes first. Also, you'll probably have to park in the street. I wouldn't come in a group bigger than 5 or 6. Ideal for 2-4. Good beer on tap. My husband said the Cajun fried catfish was the best he's had since we left Mississippi. Prices are reasonable and the food and service are great! I highly recommend this place.

Greensboro, NC
“Great seafood and nice downtown location and casual atmosphere”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great food, casual college atmosphere. Love eating here.

Visited August 2011