“First Visit”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have eaten at Harper's in Charlotte many times over the years. Did not know there was a Harpers in Greensboro until last night. We were passing through Greensboro on our way home from the beach. Food was good but too Pricey for sandwiches.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We love Harper's - the food, the atmosphere and the great staff. You'll see our extended family gathered at Harper's most Sunday's for brunch. We've been regulars for over 11 years now. The menu changes with some seasonal regularity, but we are happy that the old favorites are always available. The country breakfast with Massey Creek eggs and sausage gravy biscuits are a favorite. The salmon is always prepared just as I like it - can't go wrong with that choice. The management and staff are great folks; they take the time to greet us 'regulars' and it is as if we are picking up where we left off from our last visit. Let Harper's take care of you, you cannot go wrong.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our lunch here was quite enjoyable. It was a pleasant day and there are tables outside.
I had brisket which was done nicely. and accompanied (my choice) by a very small scoop of hash brown casserole plus cole slaw. Our son had chicken tenders which he raved about as well as the sweet potato fires. Both had very good seasoning. My husband said his hamburger was okay- nothing really special but very good fries.
We did not have dessert.
Since there are several other places to dine in Friendly Center, I doubt I would return here but rather try another place.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The wait for a table was extremely long, but we had a larger than average party on this particular evening. Service was decent, a little slow. I ordered the salmon and ate all of it. We also had dessert which was a really rich and decadent carrot cake. Definitely a must-have. Our waiter was fairly attentive and very friendly. I will definitely be going back in the near future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I ate dinner at Harper's this week while traveling in Greensboro, NC. The service was wonderful and the menu had something for everyone - from BBQ, to seafood, steak, salads, sandwiches, soup & burgers. All 4 in my group had the Angus burger with pimento cheese. It was really messy - and worth it. I am traveling back to Greensboro twice in the next month so hope to eat at Harper's again.