“Collards - Say It Ain't So”

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 929 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Being Greensboro residents, my wife and I have always enjoyed Lucky 32 and it's where we had out first date.

While we enjoy the food, service, and atmosphere I was recently surprised at the collards which came out with too much vinegar and had less of that "southern shine" on them which tells you they were cooked with a generous postion of pork fat.

Overall, it's a great place to eat and a welcome relief to the chain restaurants which tend to cater to young people filled with loud obnoxious music. We especially enjoy the servers who do not use the term "you guys" or "no problem" as is so often part of the language today.

Quaintance W, General Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thanks so much for reviewing your experience. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding the collard greens. It sounds like we did a poor job of following the recipe, generally the collards are one of the best sides on the menu. I am so glad that you enjoy the environment and that you've had great interaction with our staff. Please come dine with us again soon and let us show you the proper way the collards should taste! Take care. Karen Walker

Reviewed July 30, 2013

While on vacation in greensboro,we were given a recommendation to try lucky 32. There food is all farm to table and absolutely delicious. I had local lamb on Johnny cakes with their voodo sauce. I also had their fried green tomatoes...yummy. Their pumpkin hushpuppies were very good as well. Nice selection of microbrew beers.

Thanks so much for your great review! I am thrilled that you dined with us while visiting and hope you'll join us again the next time you're in Greensboro. Enjoy the end of summer.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I live in Chapel Hill, and we have a weekend place in the mountains, so we drive through Greensboro frequently. We have started timing our trips so that we can stop for lunch at Lucky 32 as often as possible - this place is outstanding. The food is imaginative, but not extreme - it feels like you are eating a meal prepared by a good friend who knows what you like and makes your favorite dishes, but with a special little update or twist. The local lamb on johnny cakes is a great example - it is similar to North Carolina barbeque, but with smoked, pulled lamb - a dish that is both innovative and extremely tasty. We have never had a disappointing meal here. In addition, the service is always warm and professional. We haven't had the pleasure of eating dinner at Lucky 32 yet, but we look forward to it.

Quaintance W, General Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful review, thank you. I'm so pleased that you enjoy dining with us. We truly appreciate your business. I hope you'll come dine with us for dinner sometime soon. We have a few additions on that menu that you won't see at lunch or brunch. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I dined at Lucky 32 with a fairly large group traveling in the area for business. The restaurant was recommended to us by some locals.

I am a vegetarian, so I often have issues finding appropriate meals at restaurants. No problem at Lucky 32 though! There was absolutely no guesswork involved in ordering, or need to ask the waiter 20 questions, because the menu clearly shows which items are vegetarian. They also provide the option of ordering some of their items "guilt-free" which just means lower in sodium and fat. The menu is seasonal and they clearly use fresh ingredients.

I had the black bean cakes (guilt-free), and asked the waiter to choose two vegetarian sides for me. He chose the green beans (guilt-free) and the beans and kale greens. Everything was so delicious and fresh. The portions were good.

I left the restaurant wishing that there was one where I live because I would definitely eat there at least once a month, if not more frequently. And I don't eat out that often when I'm at home, so that's saying a lot!

On a side note, I will also say the restaurant did an excellent job handling our large group. They were even willing to do separate checks for us which was so nice.

Thank you so much for your review of our restaurant. We hope that whenever you're in town, you'll dine with us. I'm thrilled you were so happy with our vegetarian options. I appreciate you mentioning how easily your server separated the checks at your table also. Take care.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I truly enjoyed the creativity of the menu at Lucky 32. The voodoo sauce is delicious and the sides are just plain fun! The ice box corn pudding was great. I especially enjoyed the banana pudding dessert - it was wonderful!

Thanks much for writing a review on Lucky's! We're so glad you enjoy the creativity of the menu. We are really excited about the voodoo sauce also. For a couple of years we have been bottling the sauce and you can purchase it at Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, and of course at all of our restaurants including Green Valley Grill and Print Works Bistro. We hope to have you dine with us again soon. Karen Walker.