“Simply delicious.”

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I live in Chapel Hill, and we have a weekend place in the mountains, so we drive through Greensboro frequently. We have started timing our trips so that we can stop for lunch at Lucky 32 as often as possible - this place is outstanding. The food is imaginative, but not extreme - it feels like you are eating a meal prepared by a good friend who knows what you like and makes your favorite dishes, but with a special little update or twist. The local lamb on johnny cakes is a great example - it is similar to North Carolina barbeque, but with smoked, pulled lamb - a dish that is both innovative and extremely tasty. We have never had a disappointing meal here. In addition, the service is always warm and professional. We haven't had the pleasure of eating dinner at Lucky 32 yet, but we look forward to it.

Quaintance W, General Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful review, thank you. I'm so pleased that you enjoy dining with us. We truly appreciate your business. I hope you'll come dine with us for dinner sometime soon. We have a few additions on that menu that you won't see at lunch or brunch. Thanks again.
Karen Walker

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I dined at Lucky 32 with a fairly large group traveling in the area for business. The restaurant was recommended to us by some locals.

I am a vegetarian, so I often have issues finding appropriate meals at restaurants. No problem at Lucky 32 though! There was absolutely no guesswork involved in ordering, or need to ask the waiter 20 questions, because the menu clearly shows which items are vegetarian. They also provide the option of ordering some of their items "guilt-free" which just means lower in sodium and fat. The menu is seasonal and they clearly use fresh ingredients.

I had the black bean cakes (guilt-free), and asked the waiter to choose two vegetarian sides for me. He chose the green beans (guilt-free) and the beans and kale greens. Everything was so delicious and fresh. The portions were good.

I left the restaurant wishing that there was one where I live because I would definitely eat there at least once a month, if not more frequently. And I don't eat out that often when I'm at home, so that's saying a lot!

On a side note, I will also say the restaurant did an excellent job handling our large group. They were even willing to do separate checks for us which was so nice.

Thank you so much for your review of our restaurant. We hope that whenever you're in town, you'll dine with us. I'm thrilled you were so happy with our vegetarian options. I appreciate you mentioning how easily your server separated the checks at your table also. Take care.
Karen Walker

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I truly enjoyed the creativity of the menu at Lucky 32. The voodoo sauce is delicious and the sides are just plain fun! The ice box corn pudding was great. I especially enjoyed the banana pudding dessert - it was wonderful!

Thanks much for writing a review on Lucky's! We're so glad you enjoy the creativity of the menu. We are really excited about the voodoo sauce also. For a couple of years we have been bottling the sauce and you can purchase it at Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, and of course at all of our restaurants including Green Valley Grill and Print Works Bistro. We hope to have you dine with us again soon. Karen Walker.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Chef Pearce and the crew make some of the best meals in Greensboro, and all using local and fresh ingredients. It's a seasonal menu that changes often, but my favorites from the regular menu include the Russian River Chicken and the catfish - soooo good!

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to work with Jay and his wonderful team in the kitchen. The specials are fun to explore, but we love those base menu items. The Catfish and the Russian River Chicken ( now listed on the menu as Grilled Chicken Breast with Goat Lady chevre and crispy greens, but its the same no worries! ) are two definite favorites! We hope to see you soon. Karen Walker

Reviewed July 13, 2013

If I don't see anything on a seasonal menu that sounds tempting, I can always count on Lucky 32's black bean cakes - they are delicious!! When they have it, I love their fried soft shell crab. I like how they use fresh, local ingredients. For me, they use a bit too much pork in most dishes, but most friends like this type of Southern cuisine. The french fries are really, really good. It is always worth looking at the dessert menu - you never know what kind of wonderful creations they will be offering. This is also a very nice spot for Sunday brunch. Service depends on who you get as waitperson: many are ultra-professional, but some need polish.

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so pleased you enjoy dining with us and that you love the variety of foods. Thank you for that helpful feedback regarding the service staff. One of our mission statements is to ensure that our guests receive prompt, friendly, and attentive service by a well-trained staff member. We are obviously breaking that promise, and I'm sorry we have disappointed you in the past. I look forward to your next visit! Karen Walker