“Night out with a friend”

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
greensboro nc
“Night out with a friend”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My friend and I ate here Friday, 2/15, before a concert at the coliseum. We arrived at dinner time, and we're seated immediately. I had the flash fried oysters and a house salad. There were five or six to an order and were perfectly cooked--- I could've probably eaten another order! The salad was fresh and the homemade bleu cheese dressing was great. My friend had the stew beef with rice and a side of creamed spinach. She had no complaints either. The staff is always very friendly, and this is the best place to eat before attending a concert at the coliseum. Much higher quality than any restaurant on High Point Road, and the menu is always interesting and fresh. Two thumbs up!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience! Our seasonal menu has recently changed so we have a wonderful new selection for you to come and try! We look forward to seeing you soon! - Lauren

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Where freshness and flavor counts”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice ambiance and being seated in the lively bar added to the experience. Service was efficient and friendly with the courses paced correctly, not always the case in some restaurants on a busy Saturday night. Good selection of wines by the glass and the 3 size choices is a good idea because if you know what you like you can get the 9 ounce, if you don’t try two or three 3 oz glasses of something different. The lamb slider appetizer was amazing, shrimp and grits and sides were very good. The shrimp and chicken in the jambalaya was moist and flavorful but the rice was on the dry side and should have been spicier to be more authentic. Overall a good experience, would go back.

• Visited February 2013
Wow, I appreciate your kind comments! I am glad that you enjoyed your experience dinning in the bar. We look forward to seeing you soon! -Lauren
Greensboro, NC
“So-so.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Although I love their wine variety (and the fact that you get to choose glass sizes), and the idea behind the restaurant, I've found the food here to be lacking.
Had shrimp & grits, and the shrimp were tiny, flavorless, and obviously frozen. The gravy was bland. The only thing I loved on my plate was the grits, and I always love creamy grits.
This isn't the only meal I've been unsatisfied with here, but the only one I can remember clearly. $19 shrimp and grits should blow me away, not make me want to eat somewhere else.

Visited March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent visit. I am so glad that you enjoy being able to choose different size glasses of wine. It makes it great if you just want a little more or to sample a few different varietals. I am deeply sorry that you did not enjoy the Shrimp & Grits. The tasso ham gravy should be very flavorful and compliment the shrimp well, and I am so sorry that it didn't. I would like to talk to you more about your experience! Please contact me at your convenience (336)370-0707 or lfinnegan@qwrh.com. Thank you!
Lauren Finnegan
Greensboro, NC
“An Eclectic Restaurant”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Lucky 32 has been a fixture in restaurants in Greensboro, NC for years. The menu choices can range from Bourbon steaks to great cajun dishes, including sandwiches. The food is prepared extremely well and served very efficiently. The dining room can get a bit noisy on weekends, but the barroom can be a bit quieter than the dining room.

Service is very efficient and patient when you want to eliminate something from a salad, or substitute something in a dish. The wine list is adequate. All in all, this one of our favorites in Greensboro.

• Visited December 2012
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We are coming up on our 24th year in June and are so glad you have been able to share in our journey! Thank you for your continued support! See you soon! - Lauren
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A long time favorite restaurant”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

One is never disappointed with the menu selections, the service, the specialty offerings and the setting at Lucky 32! I have eaten here often and I have enjoyed consistent good food. Thank you, Lucky 32! You are the best.

Visited February 2013
Your words match our intentions. Our mission is to offer an outstanding menu with an impressive selection of specials! Thank you for you kind words and we look forward to seeing you soon! -Lauren