“So-so.”

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
Greensboro, NC
“So-so.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Although I love their wine variety (and the fact that you get to choose glass sizes), and the idea behind the restaurant, I've found the food here to be lacking.
Had shrimp & grits, and the shrimp were tiny, flavorless, and obviously frozen. The gravy was bland. The only thing I loved on my plate was the grits, and I always love creamy grits.
This isn't the only meal I've been unsatisfied with here, but the only one I can remember clearly. $19 shrimp and grits should blow me away, not make me want to eat somewhere else.

Visited March 2012
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent visit. I am so glad that you enjoy being able to choose different size glasses of wine. It makes it great if you just want a little more or to sample a few different varietals. I am deeply sorry that you did not enjoy the Shrimp & Grits. The tasso ham gravy should be very flavorful and compliment the shrimp well, and I am so sorry that it didn't. I would like to talk to you more about your experience! Please contact me at your convenience (336)370-0707 or lfinnegan@qwrh.com. Thank you!
Lauren Finnegan

Greensboro, NC
“An Eclectic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Lucky 32 has been a fixture in restaurants in Greensboro, NC for years. The menu choices can range from Bourbon steaks to great cajun dishes, including sandwiches. The food is prepared extremely well and served very efficiently. The dining room can get a bit noisy on weekends, but the barroom can be a bit quieter than the dining room.

Service is very efficient and patient when you want to eliminate something from a salad, or substitute something in a dish. The wine list is adequate. All in all, this one of our favorites in Greensboro.

• Visited December 2012
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We are coming up on our 24th year in June and are so glad you have been able to share in our journey! Thank you for your continued support! See you soon! - Lauren
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A long time favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

One is never disappointed with the menu selections, the service, the specialty offerings and the setting at Lucky 32! I have eaten here often and I have enjoyed consistent good food. Thank you, Lucky 32! You are the best.

Visited February 2013
Your words match our intentions. Our mission is to offer an outstanding menu with an impressive selection of specials! Thank you for you kind words and we look forward to seeing you soon! -Lauren
Greensboro, North Carolina
“One of the best restaurants in town! My personal favorite lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

You can always count on Luck 32's staff for a wonderful dining experience from the service to the quality of the food. You can get in and out in on your lunch break. I highly recommend the Black Bean cakes...yummy!

• Visited January 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience! See you soon! - Lauren
Charleston, SC
“Wasn't impressed this time.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant almost every time we come to Greensboro. We had friends with us this time, who we had raved to about Lucky 32. We had reservations, made almost a week beforehand. When we arrived, the hostess seemed disconcerted, and told the server to seat us in the bar. We have NEVER been seated in the bar, except when waiting for a table in the main dining room. We were put in a booth...5 of us. Not very comfortable to say the least. The server was also a barmaid who didn't quite know much about the menu. She brought us drinks and bread. We waited quite a while before she came to get our order. We ordered, then we waited some more. Finally, the meals were brought, except for our friend's meal. Oops, they forgot to put her order in. Someone else came over and asked if our friend would like a glass of wine while they rushed her order. She graciously accepted, not complaining. Her meal was brought to her a while later. We, of course, were through eating. A third person came around and asked if everything was okay. At this point, we were confused as to who our waitress really was. Our friends were charged for the wine, which they thought should have been a gesture of good will since they blew her order. Anyway, they did comp her meal after she asked about the wine. Such a fiasco at this restaurant. We have decided that Lucky 32 may not be right for us anymore. By the way, tell your bar server to wear something decent. I got tired of her breasts hanging over our table.

• Visited January 2013
Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Wow, I am extremely embarrassed on all levels. There are so many marks that we missed. I am so sorry that we let you down! I would like to talk to you more personally about this. Please contact me at your convenience at (336) 370-0707 or lfinnegan@qwrh.com. Thank you!
Lauren Finnegan