“you gotta try this place!!!”

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 913 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
Reviewed December 14, 2012

All I can say is you must try this place!!! Great service & great food!!! Fried green tomatoes Are to die for!!! I had the salt & pepper steak. cooked perfect!!! Not what one would think when they hear southern kitchen but I was LUCKY when my friend took me there!!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We often travel the 27 mile trip from home to visit this restaurant. Their selection of seasonal dishes using locally grown or produced foods when possible make eating there a delight. Many of the dishes are unique, not typical or boring. Service has always been good, and we feel that our visits there are a good value. The atmosphere is pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

In Greensboro Lucky 32 is by far my favorite to go to. The farm to table experience, quality of food, superior service is bar none. The menu changes quarterly to ensure that the food offered is what is in season.
To further aid in the local movement they have a farm stand in the restaurant so you can purchase produce.
My favorite thing on the menu is the black bean cakes. The outside is crunchy and they salsa on top is just slightly spicy with jalapenos.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

ambiance & food with southern charm. great for singles or a family with grandpa and lots of children. Staff is well trained - a stop above competing bistros.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

On a recent visit to Greensboro, NC we went to the Lucky 32 (perhaps Unlucky is better) restaurant. It recommends good southern cooking, by an 'award winning chef'. The interior is out of the 1950s-1960s and comfortable. I ordered the 'pulled lamb' dinner. My spouse ordered the 'catfish' dinner, which was a decent meal. However, the 'lamb' was a disgrace to behold. First of all the portion of lamb could not have been over a MISERLY 1-2 ounces (yes ounces) that covered some sort of flat bread. The sides included salad, which had a very bitter flavor, cold mashed potatos which must have been held over from the day before, and a couple of 'sausage muffins' which in themselves were 'different'. I was not expecting a huge portion of lamb, but the amount I received was absurb. Overall the meal, for such a noted restaurant, was most disappointing. The wait staff was less than attentive, even though the place was not very busy--we ate early, so as to not to get home late. I truly feel that this restaurant is highly overrated, and living on its past laurals and reputation. However, when we left there did seem to be a number of vehicles added to the parking lot, so what to think??? Perhaps miserly portions of 1-2 ounces of lamb are the norm for a $20.00 meal. But not for us, we will not return to this restaurant again. Too MISERLY!!!

Quaintance W, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Wow, I am incredibly embarrassed. I am so sorry. We missed on the basics. I promise that our portions are not small, we just made an inexcusable mistake on your order. What you experienced is not the norm.

If you would do me the favor of emailing or calling, I'd like to hear more and have the opportunity to apologize in a more personal way.

lfinnegan@qwrh.com or (336)370-0707