“Excellent rooms and great staff!!”

Best Western Plus Greensboro/Coliseum Area
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for the fourth of July and had a wonderful stay. The staff were very welcoming and the price for the room was more than worth it. The rooms we had were very clean and well kept, the rooms were very spacious for a family of 4 and beds were very comfortable. Continental breakfast was included and we had to leave early and in a rush, there was a variety of things available and neatly put our so that we could grab and go. I would definately stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone. Great service and quality for your buck!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Greensboro/Coliseum Area

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel for under $70 is the place to go. Staff were all very friendly. Breakfast was ok. Normal continental. Room was fine. They have a pool. Close to a mall and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel. And would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very clean with excellent staff. Will stay here again. The location was perfect for us. Also there were several great restaurants in the area that you could walk to or if you preferred you could drive. My over all experience was very good and recommend this location to my friends and business associates.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

About what you would expect from a BW in NC. We did have an issue with the 1st room (someone smoked in a non-smoking room, sinners) but the gentleman at the front desk, ran new keys up to the 3rd floor to get us another room. We were just passing through, stayed only one night 2 months ago and again last night. So we did return if that helps.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I didn't have power at my house due to a nasty thunderstorm so I started at this Best Western. I called to reserve a room on my way and the room was ready when I arrived. The front desk staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been to this hotel several years in a row and have had excellent experiences! The staff is wonderful, the rooms are clean and smoke free! It's such a great value in a fabulous location! I would return to this property in the future!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sandra46641
Reviewed April 3, 2013

2.5 would be a more accurate review. 2 seemed just too low. I stayed here for just one Friday night the last week in March with my sister and her family. We had two rooms on the first floor.

When we pulled in around 9pm, the place was quiet. The rooms were very dark, furnishings are dark, the lamps do not provide much light either.

The rooms seemed to be clean (what I could see of it). Nice bathroom, clean, marble counters, large tubs. I really like the individual size coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator (reasons why I opted for the 3 stars instead of 2).

We did have an issue with the heat/air unit and could not get the room warm enough. The blankets/comforters on the bed are VERY thin (VERY thin), so I was uncomfortably cold all night - even with sweat pants and socks on. I even got up in the middle of the night to put on my jacket! Of course, by morning, whatever adjustments I had made to the unit overnight had kicked in full gear and the room was a sauna. Go figure.

The thing that really bothered me all night was the tiny pillows. I don't know that I have ever even mentioned pillows in a review before, but I have never encountered anything like this - the queen beds had four pillows each on them and they were small couch-type throw pillows. No extra normal sized pillows in the closet or drawers either. Between the cold room, extremely thin blankets (both the blanket and comforter were about the thickness of a sheet) and tiny pillows, I had a miserable nights' sleep. And I can usually sleep no matter what is going on!

Breakfast the following morning was more than adequate for a continental hotel breakfast - waffle making station, yogurts, cereals, etc. No complaints there.

Oh, and not really the hotel's fault, but there were two people in the parking lot that night asking people for money. We reported it to the front desk, but was met with an "oh, ok".

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family