“Expectation of southern hospitality did not disappoint”

Best Western Plus Greensboro/Coliseum Area
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through the area, and were looking for a quick place to lay our heads before leaving the next day. We went through hotwire so that we would have to pay that much. We were surprised at the hotel's cleanliness and level of service. The room's were spacious, and very clean. The rugs were average hotel rugs. But we don't sleep on the floor! We did not eat breakfast, Only because we had an early morning appointment. But it was fairly crowded when we left the hotel.

We only had to call down once for supplies and the front desk attendant was very gracious and helpful.

The hotel was off a couple of major streets in the city, so it was easy to find.

No complaints, great customer service and value!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 11, 2013

good place to stay for the money. The rooms are clean however I did have an invasion of ants in my bathroom. I alerted the front desk and they moved me immediately. a small inconvenience. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and it was very noisy. I could hear the traffic noise but was able to drown most of it out with the room heater fan. The door to the room had a huge gap allowing me to hear full conversations in the hallway though which kept me awake much later than I would have liked. Breakfast was sufficient and I very much appreciated the convenience of eating at the hotel. The decor of the hotel reminded me of something from a scary movie. The hallways had a dark red, dingy look. On a positive note, the bathroom had been remodeled and it was great. The king-sized bed looked new although I'm glad I brought my own pillow as I didn't think the room pillows were very comfortable (small square pillows). I stayed there with my 2 daughters intending on one of them to sleep on the pull out couch. After looking at the dingy couch which was old and dirty looking and had holes in it, all 3 of us slept in the king sized bed together because no one wanted to sleep on the couch. I did appreciate the fridge and microwave in the room. And it was clean. Overall the hotel stay was okay but not worth the price.

Room Tip: bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ncteacher75
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Convienient to High Point stores and offers a special rate for Furnitureland shoppers. Very friendly staff and close to restaurants. Spotlessly clean. Rooms are advertized as renovated but some of the furniture was rickety and scarred. Looked like updated bathrooms and carpeting with same old furniture. Nice to have a microwave and frig. Nice breakfast, free (albeit slow) internet. A good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife, recently in from Europe, enjoyed the stay but thought the value was too expensive. Her home town is in Veronezh Russia and we gave gotten a larger room for a lot less money. Staff in Russia was nicer as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was utterly surprised by how clean, spacious, and comfortable this room was. I recently stayed here while my child visited UNC Greensboro and was not expecting anything more than a room for the night. I was very pleasantly surprised by the plush amenities and updated decor. Nice breakfast and friendly staff too. It had the comfort and feel of a Hampton Inn without the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Best Western Plus in Greensboro was perfect for my business stay. I was in the hotel for two days and can't give a single negative rating. The room was clean and up to date. Bed comfortable ( King size, plenty of pillows). A refrigerator, microwave and flat screen 42" tv. The staff was polite and knowledgable. All in all- Thumbs up.

Room Tip: The hotel is off the main drag so quite all round.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business