“Very disappointed...”

Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Very disappointed...”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I should have used trip advisor before selecting this hotel, but I hope anyone interested in going to Greensboro, NC will steer clear of this place. Overall, this was the worst Best Western stay ever, which was the disappointing part. The king sized room was small, the bedding on the pullout couch had not been changed (gross), and the breakfast was less than appetizing. The staff seemed friendly enough, if they were around. Lastly, the exercise room really should not be listed as an amenity since it is only used to store broken and out dated exercise equipment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
specialdelivery, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to the hotel. Your commentary is critical to provide the leadership of the hotel an opportunity to make meaningful, strategic, and structured decisions regarding improvements and enhancements. We have taken your comments seriously to recognize areas of the guest experience that do not have the luxury of compromise. We have re-committed our efforts moving forward to ensure a result where the expectations are exceeded. A key component of that goes to you and your willingness to articulate a critical analysis.

Chris Adams
Regional Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hillsville, Virginia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

room was nice did have nails in the carpet near the A/C that hurt your feet. found $0.13 on the floor and a pair of head phones in the couch but other then that the was great. Breakfast didnt have a lot of chooice but was good. nice pool and work out area

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kaley N
BWWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Plus Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hi Kaley N,

Thanks for alerting us to those areas of our service and/or accommodations that may not have been up to par during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to make improvements.

Kind Regards,

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Recently booked 2 rooms for an overnight trip. The location was good. As a frequent traveler i have to say that this hotel can hold its own against its competetion. I posted pics on my facebook and my friends asked me if i was at a marriott or doubletree property.

Had a few hiccups but thats to be expected. Nothing that would deter me from staying again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Timickus
Good Afternoon Timickus!

Thanks for sharing your experience and photos with us. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to another opportunity of serving your lodging needs.

Warm Regards,
Fennimore, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had centipedes in our room and when I notified the front desk they just said they would let housekeeping know....they did not even apologize. Apparently under new management since our last stay. Would not recommend as I did in the past.

Room Tip: Not sure which room doesn't have bugs!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jaminwi
Dear Jaminwi,

I am disappointed to learn that your most recent stay with us fell short of your expectations. Please accept my humblest apology on behalf of the staff member that did not appropriately address the issue at hand. We appreciate your patronage and sincerely hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to right our wrongs. I am always available to address your concerns and can be reached at 336-294-9100 if I can be of any additional assistance.

Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Let me tell you, dear travelers, it's not easy to find an affordable 3-star hotel in Greensboro!

The staff was super nice and I really liked the rooms -- complete with comfy beds. I liked the lay-out of the bathroom and the huge vanity area around the sink. The location is awesome (near I-40, the Four Seasons Mall, UNCG, etc.), too.

I wasn't crazy about having an AC unit in the room but that was the trend at most of the hotels we visited in the Southeast. I've also had better breakfasts at Best Western but, again, small potatoes in the grand scheme.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi Liz C!

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travelers on Tripadvisor.com. Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in town!

Young Harris, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful, but the bathroom problems were never solved. Between the too short shower curtain, overflowing toilet and stopped up sink drain - the bathroom was a soggy mess!

Only luke warm water to shower the last two days of our 4 night stay.

Room cleaning service was not as efficient as they could have been, ignoring the "Please Clean" tag on the door for several hours.

Bed was comfy, room was clean and it was quiet at night. Pool was relaxing during the warm, summer days...

Breakfast bar was not adequately stocked and we ate out one day!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greeting CFOSullivan,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with constructive criticism regarding your most recent stay here with us at the Best Western PLUS Windsor Suites. As a frequent traveler, you are able to compare both our services and accommodations to fellow industry partners and the like. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to locate those areas which may be in need of improvement. We appreciate your patronage and hope this experience will not unduly influence your from considering Best Western Hotels as a preferred choice of lodging in the future.

Kind Regards,

St. Thomas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently stayed at the Best Western PLUS Windsor in Greensboro to attend student orientation at UNCG. They weren't the cheapest hotel on the block but they came highly recommended from the admissions office and were less than 10 minutes away. The rooms were clean, and there was a refrigerator and microwave so I was able to take my leftovers back to my room and warm them back up. That definitely helped cut down on food costs. I ate at Lone Star which was REALLY GOOD (try the back wrapped sirloin). The girl at the reception desk gave us a free appetizer card and another coupon for $5.00 off of our meal! The only downside to my trip was the fitness room was under renovation but overall the service was great and everyone was really helpful. I really wish I could remember their names. I'll definitely be back in the Fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends