“lovely”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington
“lovely”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in a business park area. I love the hotel's sleek but eco-friendly approach. It looks very stylish inside. There were computer, printer, water dispenser, pitchers, sodas (for purchase) on my floor. The room was spacious with lots of NC magazines to read. It was clean. I liked the opening tv channel with an explanation of the hotel's eco approach. The staff was very friendly throughout our stay. This hotel is great representation of the Greensboro area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2014

On the way back from DC had a chance to stop at an awesome hotel we heard about from friends. The Proximity from the start was very friendly and helpful, making restaurant reservations and changes since we came in late. The rooms are very modern, spacious and clean. Love the sound systems for the romantic touch. Great restaurant at the hotel, food was perfect; wine was splendid, nice lounging spots around the hotel with great garden area. Found the rooms to be quiet and comfortable. Plan to travel back.

Room Tip: Had a corner room, it was great.
Green Features: Love how they mixed a green hotel with style and luxury.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very beautiful property. The common areas and landscaping were exceptional. Our room was quite spacious and nicely decorated.

The room needed more outlets! Had to fumble around under the TV to find an available outlet. I was not alone so it wasn't just me who could not locate the needed lifelines for our devices!

Bed very comfortable. Comforter on bed was thin and stiff...not at all pleasant.

Front desk staff and restaurant staff were outstanding. Very welcoming and charming. Great assets to the hotel.

French toast was delicious!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Tony V, General Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We're delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and we thank you for sharing some very helpful feedback.

If your travels bring you back this way, you'll be happy to know we are working on additional outlets in the coming months for just that reason! Sorry we hadn't implemented it prior to your visit. It is a bit surprising to hear your comments about the comforter. We will definitely look into your experience as that has been an oft requested item for purchase. Thank you again!

We have to agree on the french toast as well! It is truly a treat.

Till you next visit,

Cheers!

Tony
Westbury, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We enjoyed our romantic stay at †he Proximity Hotel two years ago for a few reasons. The hotel is elegant but yet has a rustic feel. The lobby area is inviting and very comfortable for casual conversation. The presentation of the food at the restaurant was also something we felt made this hotel stånd ou† frøm ø†hers. The location of the ho†el is close to the highway and that is good for †raveling purposes. It is a special place to visit for special occasions.

Room Tip: They all appear †ø be a good choice.
Green Features: VERY environmentally-friendly with reminders and notes to express the ho†el's philosophy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Proximity while attending a conference in Greensboro and found it to be one of the most comfortable hotels I've ever stayed in. The look is very industrial but still warm. The service was exceptional, the rooms were very nicely appointed and the restaurant is excellent. It's an easy 10 minute walk to a very nice outdoor mall with any store you could want and several good restaurant choices. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels I have EVER stayed in!! Not to mention that it is LEED designated and they are very eco friendly. That being said, they do not skimp on luxury! The hotel is a great mix of simple, country yet modern, exquisite decor. The rooms are very spacious and they provide Aveda products! I love when hotels take notice that the bath products need to live up to what you may be using at home, when you're away. The furniture in the room is great, they have plenty of places to sit besides the bed which is something else that I really like about hotels. The bedding is to DIE for! Great sheets, comfortable bed! The bathroom is decorated so elegantly. The staff is SUPER friendly! The restaurant has GREAT food, and wonderful cocktails. I would definitely stay here again, even though Greensboro isn't somewhere I want to necessarily visit again!

Room Tip: Corner room is fabulous
Green Features: Love that it is environmentally friendly!!! More hotels should follow suit
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maryann S
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights to attend my son's college graduation. Since it was a once in a lifetime event, we decided to splurge on a nicer hotel. The Proximity filed the bill. The cleanliness and customer service were unmatched by any other hotel I have ever stayed in. The lobby and the hallways are darker than your average hotel, but I think it is part energy conservation and part ambiance. The lighting did not bother me. They had candles burning on all the tables in the spacious lobby in the evenings, which was lovely and the entire hotel was spotless. We had 2 double queen bedded rooms for my family of 5 adults and we had more than enough room. One of the rooms we booked was an ADA double queen, and the bathroom was large enough to park my car in. There was a fridge and microwave in the room as well as a coffee maker. When my husband called down to the desk to request more cream for coffee, a waiter from the restaurant came up five floors to our door with a pitcher of chilled cream. Now that is service. Parking was ample and I did not hear much noise despite our rooms being near the elevator. One loud conversation that was very brief on one occasion. All in all, it was a wonderful stay and I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who ever has occasion to stay in Greensboro. We felt totally pampered!

Room Tip: Upper floors have a nice feel and view, I might request a room away from the elevator.
Green Features: Filtered water freely available on each floor. I was a skeptic about the purified air, but it was fresh and clean smelling throughout. The hotel felt amazingly clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family