“The Best in Class!”

Proximity Hotel
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a Good Hotel with high sustainability standards. I always stay here during my business trip, feel comfortable and safe. Just one point: the music in the lobby and around the floors is too loud!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Proximity has good energy. I'm not really into much new age thinking, but everything about this hotel is calming and comfortable, and it's one of the greenest hotels in the country. I travel to Greensboro often and I try to stay at the Proximity whenever I'm in town. I have zero complaints about the amenities, staff, or accommodations. I would highly recommend staying there to anyone passing through Greensboro.

Room Tip: I have stayed here over a dozen times and have not had a 'bad' room, although some do have t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for New Year's celebration and had an amazing time. Beautiful facility with comfortable beds. We walked around the little creek outside and enjoyed the little strip of nature in the middle of town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here on business and the staff was helpful. The room was clean and otherwise pleasant.

The restaurant on the property was excellent. Breakfast was included in my rate, and instead of it being a buffet...it was from the menu. When I made changes to the item, no one hesitated. They were very accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LFPhileas
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I had one night at this hotel. The staff was very helpful and responsive to requests.. We stayed in a King Spa room. The windows were floor to ceiling, overlooking a creek and grassy area. The ceilings were almost 12 feet, making the room seem larger than it was. The tub was very nice and the bed slept very well. Room service was prompt and the food was good. The room had a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 8th floor. Tall celings and large windows
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We so wanted them to be top notch. They put us in a room they called a king but actually had a Murphy bed. And cost a fortune. We asked if they could get our kid something hot to eat early for breakfast and they said yes but then didnt do it. Just disappointing. We wanted to love this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Tony V, General Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Gosh, we're so embarrassed we didn't take great care of you. Thank you for the feedback.

I'd love to hear more about your experience. Please give me a call at 336-478-9101 when you have the time and inclination.

We want you to love us too!

Cheers,

Tony

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was the most positive hotel experience I've ever had. I attended a conference at the Proximity including a 3-night stay, and every moment of it was pleasurable. The place is beautiful, with spacious rooms, floor-to-ceiling windows (and my room overlooked the lovely patio down below), all the right amenities. It was nice to have the option of opening a window - some buildings don't even have that. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quiet! I never heard any sounds from rooms next door or above me. And the food is excellent!(They also accommodate special needs diets, like gluten-free, very well.) I guess I would use the words "casual elegance" to describe the atmosphere, to say that it felt very comfortable, warm, and hospitable. Besides the place being beautiful, the service was impeccable. Every single server and staff member I came into contact with at the hotel and in the Bistro was gracious, friendly, warm, very attentive, in a way I've never experienced before. Coming from New England I thought perhaps it was the "Southern hospitality", but other conference attendees agreed that this was particularly special. The staff exude genuineness and kindness, the opposite of the formality and stuffiness one might find in other high-end hotels. The man who shuttled me to the airport introduced himself, shook my hand, and at the airport shook my hand again, looked me in the eye and said "don't be a stranger, now." This doesn't happen everywhere!

Room Tip: I enjoyed having a view of the courtyard - although I did hear the music playing out there (softly...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business