“College Visit”

Proximity Hotel
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent two nights at the Proximity in Greensboro while touring area colleges. The hotel was fabulous! Everything was perfect, the room, the staff, the dining room, the food and the bar area. They were most accomodating. The property was wonderfully unique, the room was spacious, I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L14M
Tony V, General Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We are so lucky here in Greensboro to have such wonderful colleges and universities. We hope you connected with one that will bring you back to Greensboro.

We are simply delighted that your experience was consistent with our values. Thank you for sharing!

Till you come back for orientation…..Cheers!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were celebrating our daughter's 16th birthday and stayed in a top-floor penthouse suite (reserved a couple other rooms for the adults). The room was amazing (one of the nicest rooms that I have ever stayed in). The hotel was beautfiul and very chic. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. The staff was incredibly helpful and made the weekend so much fun for our daughter and her friends. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christi603
Tony V, General Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are honored that you chose us for such a wonderful occasion! Thank you!

The City Suites are definitely are a treat to stay in! The four large windows in the living area give an open and airy feel that I have found hard to match. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at both the hotel and restaurant.

Till your next visit…Cheers!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is super cool and chic, with very cozy rooms and spacious bathrooms. I loved the modern minimalistic decor and all the sustainable practices. The staff is very helpful and the food at The Works Bistro is fantastic, I highly recommend this hotel. Oh, I also loved the London cabs which provide complimentary transfers to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Analangas
Tony V, General Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

You’re super cool! We are delighted that your experience at the Proximity Hotel and Print Works Bistro were exactly what we intend. Thank you for your recommendation!

The London Cabs are really fun aren’t they! Our livery services to and from the airport add a great value for our guests and are a cool way to start or end your experience at the Proximity in style.

Till your travels bring you back…Cheers!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Traveled to NC for a wedding and stayed at this hotel for a week-end in August 2012.
The wedding was offsite however the rehearsal dinner was in the Weaver Room I believe and was gorgeous. Sit down dinner with a band and a small bar. Lovely food as well as service. The lighting and table settings were especially lovely.
I had some down time and actually became quite engrossed in the channel dedicated to the hotel which had a looping program that detailed the specifics of what made the hotel "Green". Local artisans and companies supplied all of the furniture and art which I wish more hotels did! You could see all around the care that was put into the design of the hotel and ensuring that it was as green as possible.
The lobby and dining areas are stunning however the Print Works Bistro is so very lush yet comfy! The seats and decor set the tone for the tasty yet simple foods that are served. I arose early and left my husband in bed to sit in the Bistro and have tea while gazing out the walls of windows at the charming landscaping and courtyard. Soaking in the warm glow of the sun in the mornings is quite relaxing there. The bar also has cozy seating for small groups and even romantic nooks for couples.
The have a public area on each floor where a modern ice machine and "honor system" refreshments are located in a glass refrigerator. Very swanky area for guests that includes internet service.
I stayed in a room with two Queen beds which was a very nice size. The room was quite clean, the linens fresh, and no troublesome hassle with any of the electronics in the room.
A group of about 15 of us longed for shredded potatoes at The Waffle House since most of us are from NYC where we sadly do not have Waffle Houses. The hotel provided us with free transportation there and back. It was a lovely/greasy treat!
The concierge seemed to be having a bit of trouble coordinating the multiple wedding parties that were staying at the hotel and mis-informed a large group of us to board the incorrect bus which made us late for the wedding! They were also having trouble coordinating transportation back to the airport for many at the end of our stay. Very unfortunate situations with transportation in the end so I advise that you always iron out transportation with the hotel the previous evening and then verify again in the morning.
It is actually one of my favorite hotels and I would definitely stay there if I ever return to Greensboro, NC!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MixedGirlNYC

We are delighted you found some down time while you were here to explore the hotel a little and relax. What a delight it is to relax with a nice cup of tea in the Bistro as the sun streams in through the wall of windows. Natural light fills the normally occupied spaces throughout the hotel, restaurant and event spaces, while the hallway and guest living area lighting elicits a much cozier feel.

Thank you for sharing your experience with our transportation service. We obviously had a miscommunication, and are sorry it caused a delay in you getting to the wedding.

We are sincerly honored to be one of your favorites and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Till your next visit….Cheers !

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I understand why President Obama picked this hotel to stay during a trip through North Carolina!! I'm local to Greensboro and this was our 2nd stay at the Proximity. Both times to celebrate an anniversary weekend. It truly was like being on vacation. The Excellent Service starts from the moment you hit the front door with the Bellman opening the door each & every time! Check-in & check-out was easy. We didn't "want" for anything because everything is already so well thought out and accessible. Did not have dinner in the restaurant, but returned for late night drinks and appetizers. Everything was great & we look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Check to make sure the room is nbt close to a stairwell like ours was.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy J
Tony V, General Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

We love being a place to step "away" for our local guests in Greensboro. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you depart, our staff delight in taking care of your needs promptly and with a smile. Thank you for choosing us not once, but twice for such a fun reason to celebrate close to home! We are honored.

You truly must find time to dine in the Print Works Bistro for dinner the next time you are with us. Chef Leigh has some amazing culinary experiences on each seasonal menu. I'm getting hungry just thinking about the slow braised pork cheek on this season's menu right now!

Cheers!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Proximity is absolutely amazing! I could not have asked for better service for my rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. All of the staff, especially Stephanie and Morgan, were spectacular. Everything was so painless and easy. I hate planning, so I am very thankful I chose this as my venue. Everything was extremely beautiful, food was absolutely delicious, and staff went above and beyond! I just dropped off a box of things I wanted included for the reception and they took care of the rest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for hosting such a special occasion with us! Our events team loves taking great care in being a part of these memories. I will certainly pass along your praise to Stephanie and Morgan!

Cheers!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I took the wife here as a one night get away for her birthday. Service upon arrival was very warm and welcoming even though there is no bell serivce at the door. Had dinner at the print works bistro - food and service were excellent.

The hotel is very chic to be located in Greensboro and is completely different than anything else around. I did not find the bed to be nearly as comfortable as other reviews here. I have had worse, but it is far from excellent.

Biggest disappointment was room service for breakfast. The room did not have a place for one to sit and eat, and the food was less than average. Luke warm overcooked breakfast for two cost $55. We preordered with the menu that you leave on the door. Makes me think that my food was cooked well ahead of delivering to my room.

I would return, but at these prices value is questionable

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony V, General Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We are glad to hear that you found the service warm and welcoming during your stay. The Bistro really is a great spot to celebrate a special occasion as well. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your wife’s birthday.

I was surprised to hear your feedback regarding the bed. As you mentioned, our guest’s normally rave about the comfort of the bed. We'll have to get that room checked.

Our room service comes straight from the Bistro. You are right, hot food has to be hot and normally goes right up! Thank you for the feedback. Sorry we did not deliver, and I will share this with the Bistro.