“Great Hotel!!!”

Proximity Hotel
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Proximity Hotel in Greensboro, NC recently, and we had a wonderful experience.

The rooms are large and very comfortable. The housekeeping is excellent and the fitness center is more than adequate. We also had dinner at the Print Works Bistro which was very busy. The food was terrific and the bottled craft beer and wine by the glass selections were great.

I would highly recommend the Proximity Hotel for both leisure and business travelers. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, you need to book a king spa room. Otherwise, most of the other rooms have a v...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I am delighted you all had a wonderful experience!

Our intention is to be of genuine service to you, our guest, in an environment that is clean and well maintained. I will certainly let our housekeeping team know of your experience. They take pride in our cleanliness. I’m glad it showed!

The Printworks Bistro is a great spot to dine and they really do have a carefully chosen selection of both beer and wine. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation!

Cheers!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

well, there is a coffee maker in the room but you have to purchase breakfast in the Bistro! I have never stayed at a hotel (especially one where you are paying 250 for a room) that does not have this included - a real shocker!

...and no bath tubs - what is it with new hotels and no bath tubs - grrrrr

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for the feedback.

Gosh......I wish we had known you preferred a room with a tub as half of our rooms have nice tubs. We even have loft spa rooms with huge deep soaking tubs that are adjacent to a shower in a sort of "wet room" arrangement that even opens into the sleeping area of the room. Please let us know of your preference if you visit again.

Breakfast is not included here but you might want to know that our sister hotel, the O.Henry, which is just blocks away, does include an impressive buffet breakfast.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I styled as part of a conference.others were at the O Henry and transportation back and forth was great. My experience started with airport pick up. The car was fun, the driver was outstanding. He not only drove me but escorted me to check in and then orientated me to the room and took care of the luggage.

The room was wonderful. I had a nice view. The bathroom had a feature I had only seen in Asia, that being doors that open so one could soak in the tub and watch the view. Only down side is that on the bathroom side, the back of the doors is a full length mirror. This meant that one has a full length view of oneself taking a shower. Depending on your age and current status in the battle against fat, it might be a good thing or too much information!

Bed was comfy. Aveda products.

Every floor has a computer and printer for brooding passes. Also access to filtered water. One thing I liked was a honor bar or soda. The price was reasonable and I bet overall, they make more on that system than overpriced mini bats.

I had room service. Good food and prompt, elegant service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Your arrival to the Proximity really does begin at the airport with our staff and vehicles. Our complimentary airport transportation is truly a great amenity and our staff is the best part!

I am delighted you found your room wonderful. We have several room types that allow guests to choose a different experience. Our spa rooms really do have a unique design element in the tub “window” doors. The Magi bed is such an important part of the room. We had it custom made and the comforter is just perect. I am glad you found it to be comfy!

We are honored you noticed the honor bar! We have been very happy with how honorable our guests have been. There is something to say for a feeling comfortable with an honor system isn’t there…. and its just so darn convenient as a guest.

Room service really is a treat here. You have the full restaurant menu at your disposal to peruse and pick your favorite bistro comfort foods Chef Leigh and his team have prepared.

I am delighted you felt well taken care of from the moment you came to Greensboro. I look forward to welcoming you back if your conference comes back this way!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was my first stay at the Proximity. When I drove into the parking lot, I was greeted by long white curtains the surrounded the front drive and two super-cool hotel vehicles - a London taxi and an old-fashioned US cab... and I knew this was going to be a different type of hotel experience.
The service was fantastic from the minute I walked in. The front desk staff was anticipating my arrival and already had a key packet prepared fro me (which I really appreciated since I arrived after midnight.) Everywhere I went, I was greeted and offered a welcoming smile.
Dinner at the Print Works Bistro was so delicious the first night that I decided to eat there on the second night of my stay as well - which is unusual for me. I usually like to try different local restaurants each night. You simply must try the duck flatbread and the truffle fries. Deee-lish!
My room was spacious and comfortable - and was very aesthetically appealing with all of its unique design elements. Many boutique hotel rooms are not conducive to business travelers, but that wasn't the case at the Proximity. I also LOVED the "guest lounges" on each floor, with a seating area, computer with Internet access, self-serve purified water, and an honor refreshment station.
Finally, my awesome experience of the hotel was topped by the fact that it's a green hotel and contributing to a sustainable environment. You'd never know that it was "green" - with one exception. The water flow in the sink faucet was a bit too low for my taste (but interestingly, not the shower - which would have been worse!). It wasn't a complete hinderance, but definitely something I noticed. All in all, though, I enjoyed myself and had a fabulous stay. I'll definitely be back the next time I pass through Greensboro!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CaliMojoGirl
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

I am simply delighted that you had an awesome experience at our hotel and our bistro! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the sink faucet flow. We’ll check on that. Sometimes the special Laminar Flow devices that we use get clogged up. I’ll bet that was the case. Sorry. It is a lower flow rate but it is a dynamic laminar flow which actually feels like more water than it is….assuming it is functioning correctly. Our idea is that depravation isn’t sustainable. With that as our intention we want our guests to only notice positive differences, like more oxygen in the air….. that helps us feel and sleep better, and never a negative difference.

The duck flatbread is a favorite of mine. Leigh Hesling, the Chef at Print Works Bistro, and Carrie Longnecker, the Chef du Cuisine are for real! As are the rest of the kitchen team. That mix of the crunchy flatbread with savory duck and local farmer’s cheese is a wonderful mix.

Till your next visit!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently spent a night there to celebrate his visit from London. While the hotel was beautiful, that's about all we got out of it. The rooms are nicely decorated and the bathroom's are fantastic, the staff was not overly friendly or helpful. The bar is way over priced for the quality of the drinks and the atmosphere came off almost cold, rather than hip.
So...good for a nice, upscale night away but reconsider if you want a value/service oriented stay.

Room Tip: definitely request the top floor (cool windows)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! While I am happy to hear you found the hotel beautiful and well designed, I am so sorry our staff did not meet your expectations. Our commitment is to provide prompt, friendly, attentive service. I apologize this was not your experience!

I will certainly share your experience in the bar with our restaurant leadership team.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We travel to Greensboro often and our usual go to's for lodging were all booked up we decided to try the Proximity again, although a bit pricier than we had initially wanted. I have to say it was worth every penny. We stayed in a Loft King Center Room room on the 7th floor. Last time we stayed in the Loft King Spa and it was breathtaking. This room was much more roomier and the layout was wonderful. I liked the bathroom was separated more than the Spa room. The Spa rooms are nestled along the long hallways and the Center rooms are on the ends so you have a lot more privacy. We didn't hear a peep and there was a wedding party, Bachelorett's party, etc. there during out stay. The check in was friendly and we were offered assistance with dinner reservations. We ate at the recommended Lucky 32 Southern Bistro and Print Works Bistro. See my reviews for them as well if you are considering trying out the local flair. Hope this is helpful. Happy travels:)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I am delighted you were able to experience a different room type and found it to your liking as well! We have several room types to choose from and they each offer an experience that is just a bit different.

Thank you for sharing your experience at our restaurants as well. We certainly value your feedback and I will make sure it is brought to our restaurant leadership team.

Till your travels bring you back to us. Cheers!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Prox a couple of dozen times. It is great value for the money (from the POV of someone who travels domestically and internationally all the time). My gripe is that in the interest of being GREEN, they have throttled back the water flow from the bathroom sinks to the point of being ridiculous. I have my home faucets lowered to the EPA low flow rate but what ever standard the Prox is using, you can barely shave or brush your teeth.
Conversely they happily offer tiny Aveda bottles of soap in the same bathrooms. That must be filling land fills at a ferocious rate. A wall dispenser (as I have seen at some premium hotels internationally) would be fine.
Please give me back some water at the sink.

Room Tip: Corners are nice. I suggest avoiding the highway facing side if you have any desire to open the wind...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter S

Thank you for your feedback! I am delighted you experience the Proximity as a good value.

I appreciate you sharing your experience related to our bathroom products and faucet flow. Our intention is never to detract from your guest experience. I apologize we missed the mark in these areas for you. We will certainly continue to look for ways in which we can enhance your experience while continuing our sustainable practices initiative.