Proximity Hotel
$179
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$72
ComfortInn
$93
$84
Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelocity
  • Pool
$199
Hotels.com
All reviewsprint worksprintworks bistrohonor barfiltered waterfloor to ceiling windowshonor systemsolar panelsleed platinumcorner king roomaveda productsspa roomunique hotelwedding nightsister propertymodern designtop floorroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband surprised me with a stay here last Saturday night (2/19/12). He had gotten the "Ooh La La" package which had many fun inclusions. Our room was 661 & had a king sized bed that was extra comfortable & had nice pillows (not too hard). It was a corner room that was bright & airy, with very tall ceilings – two walls were nothing but windows. The decor of this hotel is quite modern, somewhat industrial (exposed pipes, concrete, etc) but softened with beautiful furnishings and luxe touches. Our room had two chairs, a backless sofa, two side tables, a desk, an ottoman. There was also a microwave & fridge, a nice sized closet, plush robes to use while we were there, a beautiful bathroom with a sliding door to close (sort of like a pocket door, without the pocket :) dual sinks, Aveda shampoo, lotion, etc. and a large walk-in tiled shower. As part of the package, we had chocolate fondue with various sweets for dipping, along with a bottle of French Champagne. We went to dinner at the hotel, (separate review on that, not nearly as glowing) at Printworks. When we returned, they had turned down our bed; there were rose petals all over the floor and bed; a beautiful cd was playing, candles were lit – sounds cheesy, I know, but it was gorgeous. Even without this special package I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a special getaway.

1  Thank AmyNC
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

I am delighted the hotel and package amenties added to your romantic weekend. Our Oh La La! package is seasonal, and one of my favorites! We spotlight one each month. Check out our website for the next feature!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The room was clean,plenty of towels(typically have to ask for extra).Fluffy pillows,comfy bedding.Room service was great,id make a call and before i hung up a staff member would be at the door.
However, for what i paid,the room was little...dingy,the ceiling for example..was different levels,it seemed to be in need of repair,what i would expect to see at Super 8.My fiance was very surprised when he saw this.Seemed to be falling apart.
Also,The blinds infront of the main window,would not shut all the way, so we could not sleep in very long due to the sunrise brightening our room very early.
There was very loud knocking for about a good half hour down the hall,i called front desk twice to take care of it,it was very early,around 7am.It finally was quiet,but i could not go back to sleep.
I ordered breakfast from print works,they were efficient in getting to our room,however,the toast and bacon were burnt.I paid quite a bit for our breakfast.
I did not recieve a "Thank you for Staying",or any thing of the sort after leaving,its been a week.I do expect this.
I will say though,the staff was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank michelle b
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am so glad that you experienced the staff as friendly and helpful. I am sorry you did not enjoy the design aesthetic of the room. The intention was to feel as an old textile mill restored with many elements left exposed. In the future, you may find our sister hotel the O.Henry Hotel more to you’re liking and style.

I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience and promise we will certainly address each.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed one night at Proximity Hotel last weekend for husband's 50th birthday. We live about 30 miles away and wanted to go to Print Works, the hotel's delicious bistro, so we decided to stay overnight as a special treat. When we arrived, the reception desk was unable to pull up our reservation. We had made it through hotels.com and had confirmation numbers but still they could not locate our reservation. The manager was very helpful and gave us a room at the same price I had from my hotels.com print out and even gave us an upgrade to a spa/king room with a wonderful very large soaking tub located on the top floor. Our room was spacious with one grand window, soft romantic lighting, and mini-fridge. The bed was comfortable and we heard no noise from anyone the entire night. I am a bargain hunter and still feel that $189/nt was too much for a hotel room in Greensboro, North Carolina. That being said, for a very special occasion it was nice. The bistro-style restaurant, is wonderful, though we had a friend who had been there the time before and his experience was not good. Regardless, our food was wonderful. The Boar sausage was divine. The Duck Sliders are great to share. The scallops were cooked perfectly. Service, as with the hotel was great. It is pricey but a great treat as is a stay at the hotel. Proximity is a solid 4-star property. I would stay there again.

1  Thank mommamiya
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Loved the hotel. Get a top corner room if available. The view and windows are incredible. Make sure you get breakfast or brunch at the nice restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed: June 2011
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

The natural ambiant light of the corner rooms truly is incredible. Delighted you enjoyed it! I hope to see you share your anniversaries with us as well!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I am on the road approx 150 nights a year for many years. The Proximity in Greensboro is among the best hotels I have ever stayed in. So clean, so cool, so well decorated, such a fine dining and drinking experience. Fantastic service. Eco friendly.
A word of advice would be that you should dress hip and well. Just to blend in and feel comfortable. I could live here !

• Stayed: January 2012

Wow! Thank you for the compliment. Please let us know how we may be of serivce next time you are in Greensboro!