Residence Inn Greensboro Airport
Comfort Suites Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$76
$148
$145
$84
Great 4.5/5
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$59
$149
$134
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitcheneuropean standardsgreensboro airportwe stayed in a two bedroomsmall living roomwonderful propertylobby areaminutes from the airportlonger stayhear planesclose to the airportroom was spacious and cleansnow stormindoor poolyogurtnext morningenjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This Residence Inn has to be one of the best we've ever stayed in - the bed was extremely comfortable whilst the furnishings were definitely not run-of-the-mill hotel. The staff were very helpful when asked for information and listened to requests and did their best to accomodate.
Some things to note - the hotel is directly under the flight path of a relatively busy airport that has some night flights and most rooms have connecting doors (although we did not hear a sound from the room connected to us).
Would definitely return or make a detour to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Residence Inn has lead us to expect an "apartment" with full-size appliances, a living room and a bedroom. This hotel offers that. I don't always expect granite, stainless steel, stylish furniture and interesting paint colors. I've stayed at this location twice now and find the style better than I'd expect for the price, the staff more helpful than they need to be, and the general experience one that exceeds my expectations. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Let me start by saying that this is an absolutely gorgeous Residence Inn ~ very modern furnishings, fantastic exercise equipment, nice pool, and some of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen at a Residence Inn...but there's no way I can give this hotel an excellent rating considering the nightmare we experienced at check-in during our stay.

Our family travels - a lot - and we always, always go Marriott. I checked TripAdvisor before choosing (as I always do), and felt very comfortable with my choice based on the reviews of other travelers here. After hearing about the great service that staff give, I just felt that we'd be in very good, vey capable hands during our stay. The day we arrived, our area was in the midst of a snowstorm, which is VERY unusual for us. We drove in from the Charlotte area, and what was normally a one-hour drive for us turned into a very scary 2+ hour drive because of snow-covered roads and very limited visibility. At times, we couldn't see two feet in front of the car, the snow was so heavy. When our family
reached the Greensboro area, the snow was not nearly as heavy, and needless to say, we were very glad to have reached the hotel safely. The only thing on our minds at that point was getting checked in, getting a nice hot shower and enjoying whatever was left of our night.

When I went to check-in, I was told that I my credit card had to be charged in order for us to be able to complete the check-in process and be given a room. Ordinarily, this would be no problem ~ since we travel alot, we sometimes pay on our credit card and at other times, hold the room with our credit card and pay the full balance in cash once we arrive. This particular time, however, I'd checked the rate rules very carefully and saw nothing that would hinder us from using the hotel's cash policy (which they DO have but was recently changed by management, who apparently did not think this was important enough to pass on to its customers...), so I purchased Disney tickets for our next trip right after making this reservation. Needless to say, this put a serious dent in my available balance on our credit card, but I figured I was still okay, because I had full cash payment for our stay Well.. bottom line, we were told that we could not check in unless the credit card could be charged, that this policy was recently enacted, and sorry for the inconvenience, but you can't check in otherwise. There was no manager that I knew of onsite to talk to, and nobody even tried to help out with the resulting inconvenience of this recent 'change'... we were proverbially left out in the cold, standing there in the lobby, bags in hand and reservation in the system - but could not check in.

I called 1800MARRIOTT from the front desk, and spoke to Michelle, who was wonderful. She could not believe that as Marriott Rewards members, we were standing there in the lobby of a hotel that we chose and made reservations to, but were not being helped in any way to get this check-in nightmare resolved. Michelle, thank you for your excellent customer service, and for CARING enough to look into this for us. It was Michelle who told me that the hotel did have a cash policy, and the people at 1800MARRIOTT didn't even know about the policy change yet - it was nowhere in there records.

Now... I need to say that I'm in management myself, and have been for years, so I know about the necessity of policy change and how it can sometimes affect customers negatively. I get that owners have the right to change policies when they need to - that makes total sense to me, really. But being a manager, I also realize that it's our responsibility to pass that information onto the customer so that they can make educated, informed decisions about their travel plans. If I know about a policy and choose not to follow it, well, that's on me. But as a customer, if I'm not informed about a policy, then I believe management should at least TRY to help out any customers that are inconvenienced because of their lack of communication. Disclosure is key here. Tell me your policy, and I'll plan accordingly.

Long story short, we were given printed directions to the nearest drug store (about 4 exits away on the highway, back into the snow) and told, 'sorry for the inconvenience'. I could not believe this was a Marriott. I've had better service than this at a Super 8 Motel, seriously. We put our luggage back in the car, got back on the highway in an unfamiliar area, and found the drug store so that we could put more money on a prepaid card that we had. We finally got back to the hotel and were able to use the prepaid card to check in. At this point, my teenagers could not believe that we would even come back to this hotel, after being treated so badly. I agreed with them, honestly, but at this point I was exhausted and just wanted to check in and go to sleep ~ and if I chose to cancel at this point, my credit card would have been charged for the night anyway, based on hotel policy. It was almost 10 pm when we got into our room - we originally arrived around 8 pm.

To say that I was seriously disappointed with the service received here is a sore understatement. I NEVER do bad reviews on Marriotts, ever, because in all our years of traveling, we've never had anything bad enough happen to include in a review, much less one this long. But, I guess there's always a first. Management, while definitely within the rights to change policies from what's shown to customers, is sadly lacking in their communication of those changes to it's customers, whom they say they value. It really is a shame, too, because this is one gorgeous Residence Inn, and the DAYTIME staff is fantastic. I would never stay here again, and cannot in good conscience recommend this hotel based on our experience. If 1800MARRIOTT hasn't even been alerted of policy changes your hotel chooses to make, how in the world are your customers who make choice of your hotel supposed to know as well? We do have other choices, you know. Something for management to think about. Great Marriott look, but sorely lacking in Marriott's value of its customers.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Great stay. Hotel is a few years old. Spacious, clean rooms. Full kitchen with place settings for four people. Nice gym with modern machines, indoor pool, large laundry room. Small sundry store open 24 hrs, next to reception. Free wifi and wired internet, free parking. Didn't try the hot breakfast, served until 9:30 am. There are a bunch of similar hotels nearby, including a Courtyard next door. 10 minutes from the airport; looked like there was an airport shuttle shared with the Courtyard. Most food nearby is fast food or Applebees-type. If you arrive late at night your only choice is McD 24 hr drive thru.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jack783
Reviewed December 11, 2009

Hotel is located in a nice area of Greensboro, and has nice staff and is clean. However I travel everywhere with my black Lab and when booking on line I found this hotel was dog friendly. You may expect an added charge for bringing your pet and I expect one from $25-$50 but when I checked in learned it was $100.00! It would have been nice if the rate was mentioned when checking in on line. Nice people at the hotel reduced the fee to $50.00 later that night. Other than that it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business