“Great for a meal & a pint” 4 of 5 bubbles

M'coul's Public House
Ranked #29 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come enjoy some traditional Irish dishes or some other pub favorites. We have food and drinks to please everyone from a Proper Pint of Guinness to wonderful local and craft beers.
Homestead, Florida
“Great for a meal & a pint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A great place for a warm hearty, filling meal with a great selection of drafts and bottles. Centrally located close to downtown - a great asset to the downtown Greensboro community.

Visited December 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best fish and chips ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

M'coul's is what I always think of when I think of the perfect Irish pub. They have an extensive full menu with a good-sized drink menu as well, and the building is historic and gorgeous. I went on New Year's Day most recently so I was there on a day they were closing early, and I ended up having to eat off the late night menu instead of the full menu. However, I can't even really complain about this too much - my boyfriend and I both had their fish and chips, which he said was the best interpretation of the dish that he's eaten since moving to the South. I've got to agree with him - I haven't eaten fish and chips in New England, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but I have never had fish and chips better than the version they serve here. It is excellent.

I wish I remembered the bartender's name who was serving us. He was very friendly and had good drink suggestions, including a daring habanero-infused bourbon for my boyfriend which I was not brave enough to touch. I had a good experience as always and will definitely be back for more.

• Visited January 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great Place! Relaxing. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to chill to kill time or spend time with friends this is a great place! It is very quaint and good place to go get a drink and to talk. The music is from the 30's and 40's and provides great background without drowning out your conversation. The food was good. Prices are average and the servers are very helpful. They have an upstairs also but you have to be able to walk up a great flight an be able to walk down after a few drinks. There are a few TV's upstairs to watch sports. We enjoyed the place and we are in our 30's. Our mother-in-law enjoyed it too and she is 70. Don't listen to the taxi cab driver he will discourage you from going here. Very close to the train station only $3.00 for fair from there.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My favorite entree is the Pot of Gold. It's delicious! Much better food than you'd expect from a place like this in my opinion.

Visited October 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Everything was just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I wanted to like this place more than I did. The service is slow andthe food is good, but not great. I had the appetizer of bangers and it was supposed to be cheddar but I was served brie. That made no sense and was not a good match. The bangars were good though. My husband had the fish and chips, which was a healthy portion and nicely seasoned. I think the draw for this place is the atmosphere and location. I wouldn't run back here but I wouldn't cross it off my list. Most recently we have been eating at Celtic Fringe in Reidsville and would drive the ten minutes extra from our home when we want this style of food.

• Visited October 2013