“Don't miss this one!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greensboro
The Twin Lakes Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
Winston Salem
“Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Remarkable service makes u feel far away from all stress comfort is top notch food was mouth watering you feel like family stunned that lodge is in the city but you feel like you have escaped all of the fast pace of life can't wait to go again

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We spent a nice weekend at the Twin Lakes Lodge to celebrate my birthday. The service was impeccable from the time we arrived until we (sadly) had to check out. Anita greeted us as we drove up. She gave us a tour and offered suggestions for dining and things to do. She even made calls to inquire about tickets to a dinner show for us. Breakfast was prompt and so very delicious. We loved that the place was so peaceful and relaxing. It was a great place to unwind, refresh, and reconnect. This was our first B&B experience, and it was well worth it! We look forward to staying at Twin Lakes again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ConcernedMommyNC
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

You would not know this place is right behind the Four Season's Mall and about a mile or less from I-40! It is quiet, feels secluded and the setting is so nice! We stayed in the Lakefront Suite for three nights. The king bed was so comfortable! The whirlpool is in a separate room from the bathroom which is nice - one person could soak while another took a shower or used the bathroom/sink. There was also a mini refrigerator in the room. The porch off the bedroom looked right out over the lake, so we were able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. Unlike most B&B's, rather than breakfast with a table full of strangers (which can be fun and interesting or awkward and oddly silent), Anita serves breakfast right in your room! Wow! And she made some AMAZING breakfasts! We stayed three nights and nothing at all was repeated at breakfast - something new and interesting every morning! We skipped lunch every day we were there too, breakfast was so filling, we didn't get hungry until dinner. There is a little "snack room" available until 10pm to all guests - chips, sodas (reasonable charge in an honesty cup), wine glasses, cork screws, etc. That room was attached to ours, but only we had access after 10pm. Some people might find that a negative of this room, we thought it was a positive, especially since it gave us a "mini kitchen" available only to us after 10pm! So, when it snowed our last night, we came back to our room, grabbed wine glasses from the little room and some silverware and a had a little wine and cheese in our room. If I had to say something negative, I would be stretching to even come up with something, but there was limited space to hang clothing - just a little mini closet in the bathroom and the television was too small for the huge room. But, we didn't come to watch tv and we only packed casual clothing (and there is plenty of drawer space). Oh, and our last morning, I think Anita forgot I was vegetarian and there was a slice of ham on my eggs Benedict. I simply took it off and ate every single bite of the rest of it! But, I realize some people might be more particular. The other two mornings though, she was very careful and had even made something for me in a different dish so it wouldn't be exposed to the meat, so I know it was just simple forgetfulness (and she was completely forgiven when I tasted that meal - oh my!!!). It is probably one of the more expensive places to stay in Greensboro (particularly the Lakefront Suite and the Penthouse), but it is an outstanding experience. And I think there were several other rooms that were much less expensive, but the Lakefront and Penthouse have a third night free policy (or did during our stay). If I could have only stayed two nights, I would still stay at this B&B, but would choose one of the less expensive rooms. This place was incredible! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank meklein
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

We planned a trip to Greensboro to see our son at college during Market Week in High Point...so LUCKY for us, the hotels where we usually stay were booked. I'd been wanting to try Twin Lakes Lodge, as we love staying at B & B's. We chose the Mariner's room for our 3 night stay, and were surprised at how fantastic the "economy" accommodations were. The room was spotless, beautifully decorated with a lovely view of the pond and a very comfortable bed. There were robes to use for the private bath across our own private hallway. The whole space was immaculate and filled with character.
Anita is so friendly and is happy to help with any question. She even provided a vase for the small bouquet of flowers I had in the room. I must say, though, that if I go again, I will ask for the low fat breakfast option - the breakfasts were amazing feasts which I will be working off for the next week!

Room Tip: The Mariner's room is a great value.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin N
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Anita,

I very much appreciate the hospitality you showed us, the way you
welcomed Jennifer with open arms and made it very special for her, and
that you took time to share your slice of paradise with us.

I was personally moved at how peaceful it all is, how you designed the look
of the place, and frankly even just the view of the trees from your driveway
was breathtaking. I know Jennifer was delighted, she talked about it on the
ride home and has been sharing about with friends and family since we got
back.

And frankly we just felt great around you.

Thank you again, so much, for the wonderful experience.

Warm Regards,

-Jonathan

Room Tip: We stayed in the Penthouse, which was more private, luxurious and had a better view than everything...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan E
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Twin lakes is in a very quiet area of Greensboro, very peaceful and relaxing. The rooms are beautiful and the breakfasts are delicious. We booked the Mariners room but were upgraded to the Lakeview suite which was fantastic.The bed was so comfortable. We only stayed one night 0n Friday 2nd Sept 2011, as a stop over en route to Asheville from Raleigh Airport but wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks Anita for making us so welcome and your printed maps for 'Old Salem and suggesting 'Bonefish restaurant', we had an excellent meal there.
Natalie and Kevin

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marticat52
Southern Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We always like to find good B & Bs for our trips, but this one is a real treasure. A few blocks off I40 in Greensboro NC is a wooded area with a lake and The Twin Lakes Lodge. Anita made us feel so welcome as she met us and helped with our luggage. I had stayed there twice before--once with a friend and once by myself--and now with my husband. The Lakeview Landing was my favorite room with its patio for breakfast and relaxing. Anita was accommodating for my late arrivals and early flights with food in the fridge. The breakfasts were varied and quite delicious. Everything about my stays was relaxing and peaceful. There were malls, movie theaters, restaurants, etc. nearby but the Twin Lakes Lodge was the best place to be.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple