Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$137
$93
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$72
ComfortInn
$84
Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$63
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$199
Travelocity
All reviewsfront desk stafftowel swansprinted our boarding passesrooms were super cleanat the check in counterchinese buffetsleeping areawafflessmall poolwould stay here againspecial thanksfitness centerbusiness centerwonderful staypull out couchthe breakfast areathe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

When I go to Greensboro, NC to visit my son I stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I stay there at least twice a year and just returned from a visit there.

Every time I check-in the staff greets me with a big smile. The lobby is always very clean and comfortable. They offer a small business area with computers and a printer if you need it. They also offer free WIFI to all guests. Every morning they offer free breakfast to all that stay and it's not just the muffins and bagels. They recently added to the breakfast menu waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon. Even though I don't usually eat breakfast from time-to-time I do have a look and it does look very appetizing and is very popular.

I usually get a King bed in a room that has a small refrigerator and microwave. I ask for a few feather pillows in advance and sure enough they are always on the bed at check-in. The rooms are clean and decorated nicely.

This is my home away from home when I am in Greensboro, NC.

Room Tip: If you need additional space for sleeping for one person or child the sofas are convertible sofa beds. A small one but perfect for a child.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Kwanie,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words and will always try to meet your expecation of home away from home. We treat ever guest like family and clean our rooms like we would at home. I will let the housekeeping staff know you appreciate all of their hard work and acknowledge the front desk staff to ensure they keep smiling. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

OK, stayed here for Y National Swim Championships, location is really good as far as food, shopping etc. I need a suite so our athlete can sleep away from the snoring, and I must say I was surprised at check in that the sleeping area is not separated by a door, but a "wall" ish thing.....negating the sound dampering needed. Front desk was very apologetic, after the first night I had to get a 2nd room (at a great rate...thanks!)

Hot breakfast was good, coffee and cookies made kids happy! Room 415 and 414 were quiet and clean. Pool clean and nice.

Walked to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner first night, great ribs and dependable service and food.

HIGHLY recommend Jakes Diner, also within walking distance, one of the BEST breakfast places ever! Funny, top notch waitresses, wow biscuits, omelettes, all Great!

Also, right down the road is Celebration Station, where we took the kids for Go Kart fun! Very reasonable, professional staff on go karts and nice long rides!

would stay there again.....2 adjoining rooms and no suite tho.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

scorpio5
Thank you for staying with us during your swimming event. I am glad you got to enjoyed some of the reataurant partnerships we have built in the area. We look forward to your next swimming event and hope to see you soon. I will let Jakes and Ruby Tuesdays know what a wonderful job they did. Thank you kindly,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was impressed with this hotel from the first phone call to book the rooms. My business partner and I booked two rooms for furniture market; the service is great, the rooms are clean with comfortable beds, and when we discovered we booked a day too little, the staff worked to make it possible for us to stay the extra night. They even packed our rooms up and moved our stuff to the new rooms (and unpacked the exact same way). I can't say enough good things, the staff (front desk, cleaning, and breakfast staff) are happy, helpful, and just wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2013

TheresaJF,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I actually told the Sales Manager we were going to play a game of memory and see if we could place your items exactly the way we found them in your rooms. I am glad we impressed you with the results. We look forward to you returning for the fall market. I will also let the staff know what a wonderful job they are doing, I could not do it without them. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to call me personally. Thank you kindly.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We drove for over 7 hours and arrived with one child who became sick en route. The staff was marvelous. WE were greeted by a very sympathetic young guy who offered to help me get the girls upstairs. Even when she became ill in the middle of the night, the guy at the front desk brought fresh sheets for her, water and crackers. The ladies in housekeeping remade her bad wonderfully and tidied the room for us the next day. Each day we were there, the staff asked how they could help and if she was feeling better--lots of smiles and offers to help make our stay more comfortable.

The ladies that ran the breakfasts were incredibly sweet. There were kids there for swim meets, basketball, cheerleading....She remembered what each child was there competing for and wished them luck every morning. She would cheerily ask if she could get the kids anything else and would do a "last call" before closing up the breakfast area. She was a gem.

As far as the cleanliness, I found it perfect and cleaner than some of the "high end" hotels we have stayed in. The pool was in good working order and clean as well. My 10 year old daughter was super impressed that the staff made the towels into swans. haha. She took pics and sent them to her buddies and refused to let me use them.

This was one of the first hotels where no one woke me up in the middle of the night. Yippee. No noise from other rooms or opening and closing doors at all hours. No road noise and no early morning noise either. We were able to close the curtains up and sleeeeeeeeep and my littlest daughter was able to peacefully recover from her illness without loud noises waking her!

This hotel has a great management team--happy people work there and in turn, their attitude makes their customers happy ;-) Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Entire hotel seemed good. We were on the second floor.....all was well.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

travelinstarr,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I hope your child is feeling better. We are glad you noticed all the extra touches we put on ever guest room and how hard each of our associates work to make each guest feel like an addition to our family. I will let our housekeeping staff know you enjoyed their towel friends in the bathroom. They always make us smile. Being a Marriott brand, we like to ensure the highest standards and give you service that makes you want to return. That is one of our promises to you. Starting in April we will begin to offer hot breakfast so look for that addiditon to our services. Thank you again for staying and we look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We arrived late after a long drive and immediately found ourselves in a happy place. We got directions on the fly to get there, walked into a free happy hour and snacks, and also were given coupons for a nearby eating place. We thoroughly enjoyed both the happy hour and went later to the restaurant, which was also terrific. But the best part came days later. I discovered I'd left my coat there and with help from employees Crystal and Dave, I got it sent back to me in record time. A great overall experience when we were only hoping for a good place to sleep.

Room Tip: We were just off main lobby on first floor and found it not only quiet be exceptionally convenient to loading/unloading.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea B
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Andrea B,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I made sure to recognize the associates you mentioned and let them know you appreciated their fantastic customer service. We look forward to you returning in the future. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.