“Nice Japanese Surprise!”

Midori Express #2
Ranked #415 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a mid sized steak & seafood just off the I-40 highway intersection in South Greensboro. It is just across the street from Sub Station II. This was a first visit and I was hungry for Japanese. I visited around 1:20pm and was surprised to see about 12 cars and trucks in the lot. Two were small postal trucks so I figured I was safe to eat there. Postal guys know the good places so I was hopeful. The building is quite old and was obviously just taken over by a new owner because the sign was new. Inside, it was clean but well worn. I always go to a restaurant bathroom before I decide to eat. That is my first test. If they fail that, I will exit and find another location. The restroom was very clean and appeared to have new plumbing and was well maintained. The young smiling cashier took my order but when I tried to ask a question that had nothing to do with the menu, she got very confused. She was obviously new to this country but still sweet and smiling so I did not pursue the matter. I don't put that down as a negative. It looked as if the owner and another cook were working the kitchen and were very busy. I ordered the "Hibachi Shrimp" and had a seat with my drink order. About 10 minutes later, my order arrived by the guy who appeared to be the owner. He was pleasant, said, "Please enjoy" and walked to another table with a second order. My order was hot and looked very tasty. The shrimp had nice grill markings and had a light shrimp flavor but as expected, not coastal fresh. The vegetables were crisp and colorful. The rice was very good as well. I found that I did not need to add any of the usual flavorings. This is a big plus. I NEVER add anything extra until I have tasted a dish. There was a constant flow of take out orders which is also a good sign of popularity with the locals. This Japanese cook obviously knows what he is doing. I predict this restaurant will do very well and I hope people who see this review will give them a try. Their hours are from 11am - 10 pm Mon - Sat.

1  Thank KbarUpit