We stayed 3 nights recently at this HGI. We arrived at 12pm, and asked if we could check in early. We were denied. No problem. We came back after 2pm, and was told that my room still isn't ready, and was offered only available room one floor down. Again, not a big deal. As a gold member, we were not offered any upgrade.
Room was OK, but doesn't look like it's been renovated for a few years. Bed wasn't very comfortable, but ok. The blankets looked a bit worn.
Breakfast was not best. I asked sausage with my omelet, but had to ask again when I when up to pick it up. Apparently someone will bring you the ordered egg, but mine sat there for a while, so I just went up to get it. The other annoying thing was that juice glasses are tiny, and the two juices available had lids on the container. Why make it hard, and why such small glasses? I noticed that if you asked the waitress for a glass of orange juice, you get a bigger glass. Is this the way to get more tip? My bill wasn't calculated correctly one morning too...
Room service was spotty too. I had used the self-serve ice bucket the first two nights. In both cases, the next day, the bucket wasn't emptied or put back. That bothered me.
Internet was alright, but not fast. I wasn't able to stream anything.
Location is great, next to I-40, and close to lots of restaurants and shops. Service could be better though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn in beautiful Greensboro, North Carolina. Our hotel offers many amenities for your comfort and convenience, including an indoor pool, business center, and fitness room. The Great American Grill is our on-site restaurant and is open for breakfast and dinner. All of our guest rooms feature a microwave and refrigerator - perfect for the business or extended stay traveler in Greensboro. We are located minutes from the new Greensboro Aquatic Center and the Piedmont Triad Airport. Let our hotel be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro Hotel Greensboro
- Hilton Greensboro
- Greensboro Hilton Garden Inn