“Nice staff, but the property needs major improvement”

Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Within the Hilton scale, this property really should be catergorized well below a Hampton Inn. That's not a a good thing! One of my criteria for rating a property is how well the heating/AC maintains a reasonable level of comfort within the room. My room absolutely failed on this criteria. It had one of those noisy window units that ran all the time or not at all. Thus, I could chose to have it off at night and freeze in silence or on and hear the noise of the fan in too much heat. I chose to first option. Eventually I traced the cold air coming in from the bottom of the heat pump. On the last night of my stay, my inner MacGyver engaged and I crammed two pillows under the heat pump to slow the cold air entering the room- with the unit turned off. It worked but it wasn't until my last night.

I have had some fantastic breakfasts at some of Hilton's properties, unfortunately, this location was not one of them. The ingredients were not of the usual HGI quality. My omelet was terrible most likely because of the reason just mentioned. The options were sparse- only diet yogurt available...yuk! Tried it once and did not go back.

The two positives for this location was the central location and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear 365travelNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work with our team members to improve our guest experience. If you'd like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to contact me at the number below. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

(434) 822-2161

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on a business trip. Also used there conference facilities on one of the days. Staff were friendly and accommodating , room was clean, quiet and had good heating /air con . Breakfast food was a bit basic but ok. I travel occasionally to Greensboro and would certainly use this hotel again. They also provided pick up/drop off to Greensboro airport -as an infrequent visitor I really appreciated this as I didn't know my way around and this took the stress out of the connections from airport to hotel. I'll certainly recommend this hotel to colleagues

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Ron28QC,

Thanks for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn - I'm glad that you could take advantage of our complimentary park & fly while you were here and that you enjoyed many of our amenities. We also appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Greensboro!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Outside of my brief interactions with staff, the stay was quite nice. Check-in was quick and business-like. Don't look for a welcoming smile here, though. The room was very clean and surprisingly quiet, given the nearby highway that my window faced. Connecting to the wireless Internet was quick and easy. Oddly, the room service button on the phone did not connect directly to the kitchen. The front desk answered and then transferred me. Over the course of an hour, calling every 10 to 15 minutes, there was no answer in the kitchen. Finally, a dead why-are-you-bothering-me voice answered and took my order. You're welcome! I understand that the kitchen can be busy and I didn't complain - but does everyone hate their job here? Anyway - the Fiesta Cobb Salad was excellent. The greens were very fresh. Not sure I will stay here again. There are multiple hotels in this area to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Jeana P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay. I'm so sorry that your order was not handled promptly and you did not receive an acceptable level of service - all of our customers' needs are extremely important to us and we appreciate your feedback so that we can address any issues and provide a better experience. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything else about your visit and found your stay quiet. Thanks again and I hope you will consider giving us another chance during your next stay in Greensboro.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our business travels take us through Greensboro quite often and we continually choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The location is perfect, the staff is friendly, check-in is always a pleasant experience, and the rooms are welcoming. We look forward to their breakfasts, especially the freshly made omlets. This hotel rates as one of our favorites as we travel throughout the state.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelover09
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear travelover09,

Thanks so much for your review - we're really happy to hear that we have become your regular destination in the area. I'm glad that you continually find that everything meets your expectations, you enjoy our Great American Grill restaurant, and receive a high level of service. Thanks again & we'll see you the next time you're in Greensboro!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The reservation was for two rooms. For some reason one room was on one end of the hall and our room was on the other end of the hall. The rooms were also outside of the elevator closet- terribly noisy. When I bought this to the attention of the front desk staff they made absolutely no effort to change the accomodation, offer any room credit, nothing. They simply said no and were very dismissive. Needless to say, I will not be spending another dime at this hotel in Greensboro.

• Stayed: February 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear MzPotter,

I'm so sorry that we weren't able to meet your needs during your stay with us. We always try to fulfill our guests' room requests depending on our availability, but I would like to apologize that our staff seemed dismissive to your concerns, which is not acceptable. I appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to our General Manager so we can work to improve our service for future guests. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to call our General Manager, Sandi Ellis, at (336) 852-1491, or me at the number below. However, I am glad to see that you rated our location and rooms highly and hope that you found your stay comfortable otherwise. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope you'll consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Greensboro.

434-822-2161

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here with my business team for three days. It had a good location to downtown, good restaurants. This is a good HGI with the style and amenities we expect. The junior suite was very comfortable. Good breakfast and lobby. The staff was really friendly and hospitable. The market was well stocked and the business center worked great. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear SterlingLatte,

Glad to hear that everything during your stay met your expectations and that your room was so comfortable. I hope you and your team were able to take advantage of all the shopping and other attractions nearby. Thank you for your review and we'll see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here overnight with our team. Hotel staff was more than accommodating, especially Renae Simon who oversaw our group sales account. She helped get us checked in smoothly and had our meeting room and meals set up at requested times. Great to work with. I highly recommend calling Renae to book your team or group stay.
Hotel decor and comfort was great as usual. Third time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. Big fan. Breakfasts are great as well. Nice to see they had a hotel bar but did not have a lot of options. Great location allows for many food/bar options in the area though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lindsay W
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Lindsay W,

Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn. I hope your team won while you were here! It's great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with no troubles from booking to the comfort of your guest room. We also appreciate you recognizing Renae's great work and encourage anyone looking to book group business to give her a call at 336-852-1491. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Greensboro!