“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Asahi

Asahi
Ranked #488 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I have eaten dinner at the Asahi Japanese Steak House, located at 4520 W. Market St., twice in the past three weeks. On each occasion the food was excellent and so was the service. In my business travels I have been in Japan a great number of times over the years and I came to realize that the best Japanese food and service were found in the smaller out-of-the-way restaurants, not in the all-modern mega-size restaurants. So it is with the Asahi Japanese Steak House. It is a clean, quiet, pleaseant and cozy restaurant, ideal for parties or a romantic night out. Don't hesitate to give it a try. DMT 2/22/2013

1  Thank dmti96

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Every time I'm in Greensboro I always try my best to visit Asahi for Dinner. They have a full service Hibachi restaurant but I usually sit by the sushi bar.
You could see the owner behind the counter at the sushi bar. The restaurant is run by the husband and wife who are both unbelievably hospitable and accommodating.
The sushi quality is usually very good here as well and the chef would occasionally send you fresh items to try for free.

2  Thank Al M
Reviewed October 7, 2012

DO NOT waste your time or money here. Horrible, dry, overcooked food, all marinated in mayonnaise with kid sized portions. The customer service is horrible! The entire hour we were there we only got one refill and soup. They forgot to get our salads until the other family asked about it and it was frozen. This place is NOT kid friendly! They have highchairs but that's about it. No kids meals and they don't even have cups with lids! My kids ended up drinking out of styrofoam soup bows! Don't be fooled by the pictures on their website. The noodles are spaghetti and spicy mayonnaise; the rice is bland and stale; the meat was overcooked and under seasoned. The only thing that tasted good was the sushi but they were about as big as nickles! The chef was horrible at making even portions. The other family was always served first so we ended up getting scraps... literally scraps...please do not waste time or money here. Panda Express would have been a better experience than going here.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Wow, I am surprised at the reviews for Asahi. We have been going there for well over 20 years and have always had a good experience. We have probably not been in 6 months or so, it is a bit of a trek for us.
I just made reservations for our daughter's 21st birthday dinner tomorrow night, so I will update after we have been there.

2  Thank jmopaso
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Japanize style cooking is our favorite but this place is a train wreck. The AC either wasn't working or wasn't turned on because it was warmer inside the place than outside and outside it was 96 degrees. The chef was horrible! He was unable to do the most basic tricks kept dropping his utensils while making our dinner. He forgot about our appetizers and the meal went downhill from there. No wonder there were only a few folks there in a Saturday, I guess word has gotten out about this place. Dont waste your money here.

1  Thank joefromjohnsisland