“FANTASTIC!”

Giovanni's Restaurant
Ranked #257 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Greensboro, NC
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went here for the first time for our anniversary. It was wonderful. I had the baked clams, veal piccata and key lime pie. The food was so fresh and flavorable. The salad was superb and the pasta alfredo melted in my mouth. The service was excellent. I enjoyed getting new silverwear everytime I used one of mine! They had a jazz singer who set the admosphere perfectly. I can not believe I have lived in Greensboro for 28 years and never been here. It reminded me of 5 star restaurants in New York. Don't let the road construction bother you. It will be over soon. We will go again. PS - the very dirty vodka martini's were great too!!

• Visited September 2013

“Great Music and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I would like to thank The Giovannis staff for showing my husband and I a great night out. We first dined in the restaurant and had an awesome meal. By the way, I highly recommend the Salt Imbocca. We were then drawn into the bar area, where all the action was. They had live music and half price wine. Joshua West was the musician. He was wonderful. The bar staff were on top of things and made amazing after dinner drinks. Thanks again for the nice night. Will be back soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Employees in Training serving mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had eaten at Giovanni's several years ago and it was great. Tonight the fiasco began with ordering a margarita. The bartender in Training as we learned used high strength sour mix which was undrinkable. It was replaced with another undrinkable margarita that was so sour it puckered your mouth. This resulted in a visit from the manager and the chef who both talked to the bartender. We ended up drinking a beer. The waitress was in training also, and doubled as the bakery chef, because she had baked the bread which was totally burned on the bottom the first two batches. Not a good start to date night for my wife and I. Next came the entrees. The 14 oz TBone was about a 1/2 inch thick, which was impossible to cook rare. My wife ordered filet and lobster. Both filet and T bone were of Golden Corral quality with zero taste. This meal was grossly overpriced, and Giovanni's has seen me for the last time. We were overcharged for the margarita we did not drink, but an adjustment was made. I left angry that I had subjected my wife to such a sour evening, as sour as the margaritas were.

• Visited September 2013
Boston
“Yummy Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Tucked away Italian Great! Great Ambiance, Excellent Service and food for price. Serving Size perfect!

Atlanta, Georgia
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Save your money, time and appetite for a place that cares about the customer!
Horrible service and food. Don't waste your time!

1 Thank Rachel T