“An unexpectedly pleasant surprises ...”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #247 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Reviewed June 21, 2013

With only a few exceptions, I'm not a fan of "mid-range" chain restaurants, e.g. Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, T. G. I. Friday ... Red Lobster, etc. However, Red Lobster had an add in the Sunday coupon book that looked so good and sounded so delicious, I set aside my usual prejudice just to prove to myself that I was right all along.

The ad was introducing their new Seaside Mix & Match, and the pictured feature was for Cheddar Bay Biscuit® Shrimp-&-Lobster Pot Pie and Crunchy Parmesan Ranch Shrimp, which I ordered.

Surprise #1: It came to the table and looked EXACTLY like the ad. Usually, the ads are so staged and "Photoshopped" that the real thing suffers in comparison appearance-wise.

Surprise #2: The pot pie was hot ... very hot ... just as a pot pie should be.

Surprise #3: This dish tasted as good as it looked ... maybe, even better!

Now, you won't get lots and lots of lobster, but they didn't skimp on it either.

Try it ... go on, TRY it. You'll like it.

There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had the admirals feast and the shrimp batter was sticky, like it wasn't cooked enough. The scallops, clam strips and fish were pretty good. Waitress took forever to bring me extra cocktail sauce (probably over 20 mins).

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went with a smal group from work (4). We only had an hour to eat and get back to work. Maybe we should have told the wait staff that. We got the garlic biscuits pretty quickly but the entrees came out slowly. The food was pretty good. Aside from the slow service, we will go again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I can just sit and fill myself with their biscuits, but usually order some seafood as a side. Their seafood is served in interesting, innovative ways. We all know it's frozen, but all in all they do a pretty good job.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We quit going to Red Lobster because of the food a few years ago. We decided to try again. Glad we did! The Red Lobster on Wendover is fantastic. Their food is always above what we expect and their waitstaff is outstanding. Sean is the waiter we always ask for. He goes out of his way to make sure we have a memorable experience! Glad we decided to go back.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!