“A little different, Very good”
Review of Stameys Barbecue

Stameys Barbecue
Ranked #149 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stamey's is a little different than what you normally think of as far as a NC BBQ joint. Their sauce is different but very good and nice when you're looking for something a little different without straying too far from the norm. I've typically had very large portions when coming here. I always buy a bottle of sauce to take with me because again, its different than what you normally come across. Very good and hush puppies are great!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

A hometown, local favorite of many . . . always good, always satisfying, always a choice of my visitors. If I have ever served Stamey's Bar-B-Que to a guest, it is absolutely necessary to continue to serve it. No substitute is acceptable!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stop here often when in Greensboro. Sometimes we make a special trip. Cobblers for dessert are great!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Quick, affordable, hot and fast, and the BBQ is pretty darn tasty. However, my favorite here is the BBQ chicken plate. Comes 1/4 chicken smothered in sweet tangy BBQ sauce. Messy, but man it is awesome. And for desert, the hot cobbler and ice cream is freakin awesome. Secret tip of the day: ask for a cobbler milk shake! You can have the homemade blackberry or Strawberry cobbler blended Ina cup of ice cream! Ridiculously. Good!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were looking for a local BBQ place. Cant ever tell whats good but this place seemed to look good. I'll give it a "maybe". We walked in and didnt know if we wre supposed to wait to be seated or seat ourselves. After noone approaching us we asked a cashier standing in front of us. Yep, seat ourselves. We ordered the sliced and pulled pork w/ the BBQ sauce on the side. Were originally from FL so vinegar based sauce isnt to our liking. They had another sauce but based on what I could see no other options. WE did dip our BBQ in it though. The pulled pork was moist but the sliced defenitely needed some juice to it. French fries were typical and the hush puppies were ok, sorta dry as well.The coleslaw was a vinegar BBQ based slaw and we did not like it at all. Coleslaw to me is made w/ mayo, this was too bitter. The place has been around a while and you can tell its a local spot. There was nothing to write home bout per say. Not a place we would return to even though it appears lots of ppl go there. But it was worth one try.

Been to Stameys Barbecue? Share your experiences!