“Good food in family setting”
Review of Stameys Barbecue

Stameys Barbecue
Ranked #173 of 913 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Just passing through the area, checked AAA and TripAdvisor for local dining options, stopped here for lunch. Parking lot was crowded and so was inside, looking good so far. We ordered a pulled pork dinner and also a sandwich. Pork was tasty, slaw was different than what I'm used to, different dressing, didn't care for it. Overall, better than fast food chain place!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

First, let me confess to being a "northerner". I was in Greensboro for a show and parked in the Stameys lot, just across the street from the Coliseum. Stameys is down home, simple food. Vegetarians beware: you will starve. If you love a hot dawg "all the way", or BBQ chicken or pork, with hush puppies, etc, this be your place.

The service was excellent, the bathrooms in dire need of a cleaning. The crowd is family style, and they serve food on chinet style plates. Its simple, its cheap, and its fast.

Overall, not a bad stop in Greensboro for a quick pork sandwich, but not a place for a leisurely sumptuous meal.

1  Thank harvsibley
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stamey's offers great NC barbecue w/o the frills. Menu is simple, they stick to their core competencies! Service with a smile and super quick. Green and red slaw. Only complaint is that hush puppies could be a little sweeter and moister (can you tell I'm from the south?).

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Me and my family got a dinner for six and a dinner for four with hush puppies, slaw, buns, and sauce of course. The hush puppies were burned, the slaw tasted old, and there was so much fat and Grissel in the BBQ it was like eating sludge. Now I have eaten at Stamey's on Battleground my whole life, as I was born and raised in Greensboro, but over the last years it has gotten awful. I noted staff using inappropriate language, one had hickeys on her neck which looked awesome for someone who would be serving my food, and the kitchen staff could be seen talking and laughing while we waited twenty five minutes for our order to be prepared. I can also add the staff was not friendly, and when my children asked for sauce for their BBQ that wasnt given to us, though we paid for it the same attendant with the hickey got aggressive and threw two small cups of sauce at her over the counter. Nice customer service, and what happened to letting us choose how much sauce we wanted on our BBQ, two ounces of sauce for three pounds of BBQ, c'mon stamey's was my thirty+ bill not enough to cover for vinegar sauce. That is what the sauce has turned into in the restaurant there, pure vinegar. DO not go to eat fake BBQ at Stamey's, as I will not go there anymore. It breaks my heart to see such good community businesses I grew up with go down into the gutter with other crappy restaurants because of price cuts, and horrid economic times. I surely hope Stamey's gets it together.

1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I am a BBQ fan and have had Texas, KC, and Memphis style and this week I am in NC. This place was recommended by all the locals. The meat is mushy and too much vinager is used. I prefer the tomato-based sauces. Tomorrow I am trying Lexington BBQ. I wil write a review when I am done.

2  Thank TMSTZ12

Been to Stameys Barbecue? Share your experiences!