“New dishes”

Cuisines: Mexican
Greensboro, North Carolina
“New dishes”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I had the opportunity to try one of the new dishes,fajitas ala mexicana, DELICIOUS.
always amazing and fresh

• Visited August 2014

Richmond, VA
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Found this gem during a recent weekend stay in Greensboro - if not for the reviews on Tripadvisor, I probably would not have dared to try it. The restaurant is located in a run down strip mall which would normally be a place I would avoid. The decor is minimal but the restaurant it clean and wait staff extremely eager to please. We arrived about 5:15pm on a Friday night and were seated immediately. Our server was a but limited in her English so when I asked a question about the nightly specials, she brought another server over who explained the dishes.

Chips and salsa were okay - salsa was definitely fresh but nothing outstanding. I ordered a Margarita which was excellent and very generous. We knew we discovered someplace special when the entrees arrived. I ordered one of the nightly specials, Pescado Acapulco - sea bass with shrimp, jalapenos, and onions in a cheese sauce and it was very good. A small dish of fresh guacamole and pico de gallo accompanied the dish along with tortillas, charro beans and rice. My husband ordered the Pescado Empapelado which was one of the best dishes we've ever eaten at a restaurant. The sea bass is steamed in foil and when the server cut open the packet tableside, the aroma was heavenly. Both of our fish dishes were cooked perfectly and were a substantial portion for the price. Very authentic, very fresh, and expertly prepared. What more could you want?

More mainstream dishes are also on the menu (fajitas, chimichangas, etc..) but it's the fish dishes that really hit a home run. This is a family owned restaurant and I read they are opening a second location. This is a must visit restaurant!

• Visited August 2014
Trinity, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have eaten here several times and have yet to have a bad experience. The quality of the food is better than any other Mexican food that I have had. (I eat a lot of Mexican food). My daughter is 8 and has been studying Spanish since kindergarden. The owner knows this and takes the time to converse with my daughter in spanish. Check them out. You want be disappointed!

“Best unique Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying for one night in Greensboro through are travels and had a craving for a good Mexican meal but were unsure we would be able to find anything to our standards. The first thing we checked was the cleanliness of the place and that's what brought us in. Our waiter Will was very good in helping us to decide what to eat and ensured he shared their dinner specials with us. I don't remember the name of the dish I had but it was basically a chicken fajita meal with fresh corn tortillas. My husband had sea bass & shrimp with a cheese sauce. Both were so flavorful and delicious and their rice was excellent. Another thing I'd say about this place is that their food is very unique as to the style of cooking and not like your common Mexican place you may go to. If you're looking for a reasonably priced restaurant with excellent food and service, this is the place to go to!

• Visited July 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Fresh & Flavorful Tex-Mex”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

It is indeed rare when a restaurant, any restaurant, delivers quality food and service ever time you eat there - this little gem does just that. Our dinner here on a busy Friday night simply provided more proof.

The chips and both salasas were very good as usual, and we tried the Chili Con Queso which was nice as well. Our party ordered Poblano Fajitas, Del Rio Chicken, El Texano (with fajitas, cheese enchilada, hard beef taco, rice & beans), and based on Jim K.'s recommendation, a dish so new it's not yet on the printed menu, Pescado Chico Moy.

Everything was excellent, as usual except for the cheese enchilada, just not my favorite version of this dish. But the real star was the Pescado Chico Moy - grilled Sea Bass in a chipotle sauce with poblano peppers, mushrooms and shrimp - now this is fine dining TexMex style. For those who routinely stick up their noses at "texmex" - come try this dish, and the other dishes here - you may well find you've been missing some great food - whatever label you wish to put on it.

Though we didn't need them, or really have room for them - we (well me) ordered a couple of Sopapillas and a Flan - both very good, with the Flan reaching outstanding.

We were warmly greeted when we arrived, and warmly thanked as we left, and everything in-between was excellent.

• Visited July 2014