“Best Tex Mex in Greensboro”

Los Gordos Mexican Cafe
Ranked #128 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Mexican
“Best Tex Mex in Greensboro”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have been a frequent visitor to Los Gordos since last September, since then it has become my family's favorite restaurant in Greensboro. Everything on the menu is made fresh daily on the premises. Furthermore, the cocktails are made with fresh juices which differentiates them from most other restaurants.

In my view, what sets apart LGMC from its competitors are the sauces produced from the kitchen; they are alive with flavor. At most Mexican restaurants I slather salsa on the food to achieve the desired heat and flavor, here I almost never feel the need to add salsa.

I am especially fond of the seafood dishes that really allow the sauces to shine, but honestly everything is excellent. Give Los Gordos a try, it is seriously without peer in the Triad market!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Absolute best Tex -Mex outside of Texas”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant by far. Everything on the menu, including the tortillas, is fresh made in-house. Tonight I tried the seafood enchiladas. They were delicious, filled with shrimp and crab, with diced onion and peppers. Also highly recommended is Pescado Empapelado , and shrimp al mojo de ajo... The best rendition of this dish I've had in NC. Go to Los Gordos, you will not be disappointed!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Maureen M
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Authentic and awesome”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

New to GSO, this place is a veritable wealth of truly great food! Don't expect fancy furnishings or high prices... Just expect the authentic tastes of Mexico, made fresh daily. Nothing is frozen or canned or out of a microwave bag... It's all made to order. The owners are friendly and the staff all operate at the top of their game. Salsas are delicious and nothing you'll ever find in a jar at the supermarket. The seafood dishes are beyond compare. If not the best I've ever had, then it's too damn close to call! Take the time to find this gem, it is kinda out of the way, and you won't be sorry.

• Visited April 2014
“Fantastic food and service!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We are from out of town and came to Los Gordos based on Yelp reviews. We had a wonderful experience! The servers were all very attentive to our table. The food was super fresh tasting and different from a lot of Mexican places, which was a nice change! Their salsas are not your typical salsa so if you are looking for a traditional salsa you might be disappointed, but I happened to love it! :)

“Wonderful experience!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have tried many restaurants in the Greensboro area and this is the BEST Mexican spot Ever!! I've gone back serval times. After tasting the food I felt as if I was in a different country. The flavors were so fresh and different. I can't wait to return.