“Absolute best Tex -Mex outside of Texas”

Los Gordos Mexican Cafe
Ranked #136 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant by far. Everything on the menu, including the tortillas, is fresh made in-house. Tonight I tried the seafood enchiladas. They were delicious, filled with shrimp and crab, with diced onion and peppers. Also highly recommended is Pescado Empapelado , and shrimp al mojo de ajo... The best rendition of this dish I've had in NC. Go to Los Gordos, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Maureen M

Reviewed May 1, 2014

New to GSO, this place is a veritable wealth of truly great food! Don't expect fancy furnishings or high prices... Just expect the authentic tastes of Mexico, made fresh daily. Nothing is frozen or canned or out of a microwave bag... It's all made to order. The owners are friendly and the staff all operate at the top of their game. Salsas are delicious and nothing you'll ever find in a jar at the supermarket. The seafood dishes are beyond compare. If not the best I've ever had, then it's too damn close to call! Take the time to find this gem, it is kinda out of the way, and you won't be sorry.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We are from out of town and came to Los Gordos based on Yelp reviews. We had a wonderful experience! The servers were all very attentive to our table. The food was super fresh tasting and different from a lot of Mexican places, which was a nice change! Their salsas are not your typical salsa so if you are looking for a traditional salsa you might be disappointed, but I happened to love it! :)

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have tried many restaurants in the Greensboro area and this is the BEST Mexican spot Ever!! I've gone back serval times. After tasting the food I felt as if I was in a different country. The flavors were so fresh and different. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I went to this restaurant at the invitation of a co-worker who had read a positive review in our local paper; I was not disappointed. This was not your average "cookie-cutter" Mexican menu that so many seem to adhere to. The food used fresh ingredients and was prepared and presented in an appealing style. I ordered the chicken enchilada and ground beef taco with rice and beans... all VERY flavorful and better than any other Greensboro Mexican Restaurants that I have tried. Our waitress was very friendly and courteous and, I believe, may have been the chef/owner's daughter. I am giving this 4 stars for now until I have an opportunity to go back and try a few different meals. I'm quite hopeful that my future visits are as satisfying as my first, and more hopeful that Greensboro residents find out about this hidden (literally, as it was not easily noticeable from High Point Road) gem. I'd really like to see this place survive and thrive.

1  Thank THE_TDP