“OK Service-Atmosphere Old - Food OK - Now Closed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Anton's Restaurant - CLOSED

Anton's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, International
Greensboro, North Carolina
“OK Service-Atmosphere Old - Food OK - Now Closed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This very old restaurant was once the talk of the town. Don't know what happened but the taste of the food has been "below average" for the past year or more. I kept coming back only because of tradition. It closed in October. So sad but it had to happen.

Visited September 2013

South Florida, Florida
“Moderate Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Always looking for that special local place while traveling. Well we found a place that was definitely local, but it wasn't special. Maybe you have to be one of those regulars to know what dishes are best. However, we had fish and chips and a large dinner salad. Both were just O.K. My fish was greasy and small proportioned - very plainly plated. My wife's salad was not fresh, and, again, nothing special to look at. We were fed, and the price was fair so I guess we had enough of that local place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DocSkier
pahredhead
“jAlways excellent food! Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great Italian favorite for years in Greensboro. Always a delicious meal at lunch or dinner! Can't go wrong with Anton's.

High Point, North Carolina
“Wonderful evening!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

After a few nights of snowy weather, we were looking for a break from the kitchen. We had not been to Anton's in years, so we decided to go. It was an outstanding evening, from start to finish. Laura, our waitress, took care of our every need and was very responsive. I had manicotti, the husband had chicken parm. Both were piping hot and the red sauce was so flavorful. My son had the regular grilled cheese, however the chips were homemade and very tasty! The building itself is old and could use some renovating, the bathroom was freezing! However, the delicious food and perfect service made up for the building. I highly recommend a visit if you are in the mood for great Italian food!!

Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“frozen food used”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My sister, daughter and I visited on Aug. 1, 2012. Decor adated. My daughter wanted to know if she could get gnocci for appetizer. The unknowledgeable waiter came back and said the delivery wasn't good and the gnocci was "unpalatable". I asked Are they frozen? No answer. My sister ordered the veal with red sauce. It was completely frozen inside. They then just reheated it, and it still wasn't even lukewarm. Even the caesar salads were bad. Needless to say, we won't ever be going back. I guess the french chef was off that night. Big price to pay for frozen food, I could have gotten at Harris Teeter.

• Visited August 2012