“Sad”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Its sad that this great local spot has closed its doors. It had a special vibe. Great Italian in a shabby little corner neighborhood building. Eggplant parm will be missed most of all.

There are newer reviews for Biancas' An Italian Eatery

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a nice place for a long time. I will miss it; while it had some small issues near the end, I always though it was a nice place to eat one a single price.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Extremely disappointed. The pasta was overcooked, the tomato sauce was so sweet it tasted like someone dumped sugar in it and the bread was stale. 0 and 3 for an Italian Resturant

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Do not know why, but Biancas suddenly closed several days ago and the building is up for sale. This came as a total surprise to everyone who frequented the restaurant. There is no way to contact the owner and no way to redeem gift certificates short of contacting the credit card company if the certificates were charged.

4  Thank rmwein
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fiance and I live not far from Bianca's, and after years of looking at it and wondering about it we finally bit the bullet and made a reservation. The only thing I knew about Bianca's before going was that the location was peculiar for a restaurant with seemingly high marks, and that the building itself is exceptionally small looking.

Upon our visit we were greeted by the host who sat us in the main dining room. I can recall about 4 tables and 3 two-person booths in the room, with a few booths just outside. So I can see how getting a seat here on a packed night could be difficult. The furniture is quite dated and gave me more of a "diner" feel than a well up-kept Italian eatery. But, other than the appearance- and the obnoxious family sitting across the room from us who couldn't maintain their children or keep their voices down- we enjoyed out time at Bianca's.

The food was delicious, and the fact that you get an appetizer, a salad, endless garlic toast, an entree and a desert for around $14 a person is very reasonable to me! Now, don't go in with the idea that you'll be served massive portions of each course- because that's not the case- but it's a pleasant amount that left me feeling satisfied as opposed to bloated and miserable. (Which, personally, is how I'd rather be.)

And so, other than the building being a con for us, I would recommend Bianca's to anyone looking for something a little... different!

As far as going on a romantic first date to Bianca's? I say pass and go someplace a bit more atmospheric. This place might be best reserved for the 5th or 6th date. :P