“A Simple Marvel”

Dining options: Reservations
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“A Simple Marvel”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Rearn Thai is an unexpected pleasure in the middle of North Carolina. The decor is simple ot the point of minimalist: wooden tables, tile floors. The menu is a fairly difficult laundry list of one from column A and one from column B. The food is wonderful. Don't be fooled by the decor or menu, this is high class Thai food in the middle of the state in a lunch-time strip out of the main stream. It is definitely worth a detour to eat there. We had Heavenly Tray C which was an excellent compendium of different foods, while our companion had Pad Thai with scallops. Both were excellent. The service was friendly and the room ( medium late on a Saturday) was maybe a quarter full. Lovely!

• Visited June 2012

Burlington
“One of our go-to places”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We usually go for lunch and are never disappointed. Great food, good service

Visited February 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Been around the U.S. and I still love this place”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have been in love with this place since being introduced to it about 4 years ago. I used to stick to the Basil Chicken, which is amazing, but have expanded to the Crying Tiger, Pad Thai, and Tom Kha soup - all with a little spice. Good wine selection that is reasonably priced. I usually opt to sit outside - the scenery isn't great because its off of a busy road, but who cares when its a beautiful day in Greensboro?! This is honestly the best thai place I have eaten at and I have tried a few places in Ft. Lauderdale, San Diego, Louisville, and LA.... may have to go to Thailand to find better!

• Visited June 2012
South Fork, Colorado
“If I could have packed this place up and brought it with me to Colorado...”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I would have done so in a heartbeat! I started going here when it was in a tiny little hole in the wall and was hooked from the first bite! This is THE BEST Thai food I have ever tasted in my life! The service is top notch and the prices are extremely reasonable, especially for the quality and portions. When they were getting ready to move to their new location across the street on West Market, they had a huge celebration of sorts and you couldn't stir the people with a stick! Seriously! Their following grows by leaps and bounds every time someone goes their for the first time. It's sort of like the old commercial..."I told two friends and then they told two friends...and so on and so on and so on..." :) When my husband and I moved back to my home state of Colorado, I knew some of our favorite restaurants were going to be only memories now. What I didn't realize was how much we would miss them...especially a place like Rearn Thai.

It's exceptional! Their lunch menu is full of mouth-watering choices and extremely reasonable. The Shrimp Pad Thai? To die for! Light, crispy, flavorful spring rolls with a tangy and sweet dipping sauce. All the curry dishes are wonderful. I always love to order them off the menu, because they bring it in a heated pot right to your table. Just a great place to eat and not a huge hit to your wallet. The new building is light, open, airy, and beautiful and now they have great outdoor seating, too! Enjoy your visit! Have something for us! :)

Visited July 2011
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Rean Thai Continues to be a great place for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Love the Pad Thai.....we have been going to Rearn Thai since the early 1990's when is what in the other location......still the best thai in town IMO.

Visited February 2012