“Great Place for a Date Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Valley Grill

Green Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Friendly Avenue & Benjamin Parkway
Description: Visit us and enjoy informally elegant fine dining and seasonal food using Old-World European culinary sensibilities and flavors. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 75 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic decor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, brunch or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.
“Great Place for a Date Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I love the Green Valley Grill. I try to order something different every time I go here because I can never decide on 1 dish- everything always looks so good on the menu! The dishes are always cooked to perfection. I especially love the scallop dish with corn succotash- it's a dish I've never seen anywhere else & it's absolutely divine! Another dish I've really enjoyed is the filet mignon in a red wine reduction- again cooked perfectly & so tender I could cut it with a fork! If you live in GSO then you're quite familiar with the GVG- and if you happen to be visiting, you should definitely stop by to enjoy great Southern food at its finest; you won't be disappointed!

Visited May 2014
Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
It's such an honor to read your review! We are excited that we get to change our menu often (in fact we changed it on Wednesday) so that we can provide what you just described--seasonal selections and classic favorites that make it hard to decide on just one!! Cheers!

Greensboro
“Best Pation Dining in Greensboro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great menu, consistent food quality and service, terrific bar and the BEST patio in Greensboro. Great late night small portion menu items and terrific Sunday brunch.

• Visited July 2014
Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We couldn't ask for a better "all around" review! You cover all the bases--our favorite part is the "best patio in Greensboro"--what a compliment!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Eat here often and am never disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We live nearby and go here often for brunch and sometimes dinner. I won't say that everyone has always enjoyed their meals but I certainly have! My husband has had a couple of disappointments but they were based on his choices not on the prep or food in general. He and the rest of my family always enjoy our experiences at this wonderful restaurant! Love the decor and the service!

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for being our advocate! We are thrilled that you come often and took the time to share with the trip advisor community your experiences.

Berkeley, CA
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Every time I'm in Greensboro I eat at GVG where my favorite waitress, Sandra Bollinger (on the cover of OHenry Magazine 6/14) always waits on me. This is not fast food and Sunday Brunch is a great bargain. It's often local fare, organic, fresh, interesting--it's a tribute to the slow food movement. Beautiful decor, patio seating weather permitting.

Visited July 2014
Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Sandra is very special and dear to us too! We are very touched by your comments. See you again soon!

Kentucky
“Could have been much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This review is based more on potential. The dishes I ordered both had major flaws that with a few tweaks could be made tremendous. I ordered a Heirloom Tomato flatbread with bacon and fresh mozz. This dish could have been made perfect by smoking the tomatoes (for additional flavor and especially to reduce moisture) beforehand. The flatbread became very soggy very quickly. The short rib sliders also slightly missed the mark. Restaurant is beautiful and, with a few minor tweaks, could be wonderful. At this price point, I don't expect the errors I experienced though.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. I have shared your comments with our culinary team. Hope to see you again despite our errors this time!