“Not Typical Hotel Fare”
Review of Green Valley Grill

Green Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Friendly Avenue & Benjamin Parkway
Description: Visit us and enjoy informally elegant fine dining and seasonal food using Old-World European culinary sensibilities and flavors. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 75 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic decor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, brunch or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were staying at the Henry O and debating whether to venture off property, but, based on TA reviews, decided to try the Green Valley Grill; not your typical hotel fare. First off, most of the guests appeared to be from Greater Greensboro, rather than hotel guests; always a good sign. Packed on a Tuesday, but, we were able to get in without a reservation. The black sea bass and trout were both excellent, and, with salad included, the prices seemed fair. The wine selection good, if a little pricy. Definitely glad we stayed on site.

Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

We are thrilled you decided to dine with us! You are right--we do have many advocates in our community who dine with us often, as well as hotel guests. See you on your next visit!

-Audrey

There are newer reviews for Green Valley Grill

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Tonight I surprised my man with a fantastic night out, just us parents. I just browsed and found this Lovely restaurant turns out. The server Deborah was very kind. She helped decide on the menu chioces since it was our first time there. The food was seasoned perfectly, loved the asparagus. Anyway to sum it I would definity go back. Great choice for an anniversary date.

Thank you!!! Deborah is really great! Delighted we could be part of your anniversary celebration!

-Audrey

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The lasagna was excellent. Ambiance and service were great. Overall the menu choices seemed to be a bit uninspired.

Will B, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

While it's great that you enjoyed the lasagna (which I also really love) I'm sorry that you were disappointed in other offerings on our menu. Our menu does change every 6 to 8 weeks and our next change is Wednesday, May 7th. We hope to see you again soon and we hope to wow you with our new menu selections.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

During college, I worked here as a waiter....most of the restaurants I worked in, I never ate at again after I left....sometimes you see things you don't want to see...but GVG is different...the standards that are so evident in the front of the house, are just as high in the back of the house..

GVG was more influential in how I view restaurants, than any other...it is also one of the most influential on how I enjoy restaurants...

I have eaten here many times...before working there, during, and every year when I go back to NC for furniture market...the standards are still high..the food is still very good (please bring back the chocolate pistachio pate)...and my clients are always pleased...

after every meal, I still go into the hotel lobby, sit in the green mohair chair, and stare up at the pine paneling on the ceiling...this place provides an uncommon sense of satisfaction...

1  Thank DSTSS
Will B, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

We are honored and humbled by your praise of our restaurant. To have made such a lasting impact on a former service staff member is incredible. Thank you so much for your praise and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

.....it was worth the drive!

We had reservations, so we were seated right away, which was great! The hostess was very friendly and our waitress was even better. She was on top of everything. I never had to ask for a drink refill, not once. That is what I call great service!

Our meals were excellent! Our only complaint was that we did feel like they could provide more veggies and potatoes. We actually left still a little hungry (not dessert people, so we skipped that). I had the parmesan crusted chicken and hubby had the duck. Everything was cooked to perfection, but the potatoes they serve with it seemed to only be about the amount of a big tablespoon-definitely could have been more.

The ambiance was great, except next time we will ask not to be seated near the front door. The sun began to set and every time the door opened, the sun would glare right into my eyes, which became annoying.

The only issue I had (and this is just me and other germ fanatics), is I do not like restaurants that place opened straws in my drinks. I do not like anyone touching a straw that I'm going to place in my mouth. (These waiters/waitresses are touching debit cards, cash, etc., so there hands are very dirty!) I do like a wrapped straw and I now carry straws with me (from home) and when we visit a restaurant that places the straw in my drink, I ask for a drink without the straw and I put my own in it.

Overall, it was a great dinner and we will be back. Maybe we can ask for an extra spoonful of potatoes or veggies, so we can leave a little fuller next time. We also like restaurants that have managers walking around to ask us how everything was--that shows us that they really do care about their customers. That did not happen here, but that is certainly not a deal breaker. Maybe they will consider this going forward....they never know what kind of positive suggestions they may receive.

Thank you so much for taking the time let us know about your experience, both the positives and the negatives. I will certainly pass along the feedback about our side portions to our kitchen leadership team. We spend a lot of time and energy in training our staff and I'm thrilled that you experienced us as friendly, well-trained and competent. We eagerly await your next visit.