“Treat for Christmas Dinner”
Review of Green Valley Grill

Green Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Friendly Avenue & Benjamin Parkway
Description: Visit us and enjoy informally elegant fine dining and seasonal food using Old-World European culinary sensibilities and flavors. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 75 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic decor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, brunch or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was the second year that we had Christmas dinner at GVG with our in-laws. The restaurant is so inviting and love the decor. The service was excellent and so attentive. We ordered the Mediterranean tapas to share. The filet and beef short ribs were to die for. But the best is that they know how to prepare a perfect medium rare steak! Unfortunately this can't be said for all nice restaurants, even the ones that boast themselves as steakhouses. The desserts were also delicious. We shared a rich chocolate cake, frozen nutty irishman and the rustic apple tart between three people. They were all super yummy. We asked our server to box up the left over dessert for us and since she dropped it on her way into the kitchen, she boxed us up a whole new piece. Win Win!

Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

We are thrilled you have started a Christmas tradition with us! Chef Leigh and our kitchen team really appreciate your feedback about the menu. See you next Christmas (or before)!

There are newer reviews for Green Valley Grill

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have celebrated our anniversary here twice with a delicious, comfortable and intimate dining experience. We had excellent service and perfectly prepared meals both times. The Beef Short Ribs are melt in your mouth delicious! The Parmesan Crusted Chicken was a hearty portion and a beautiful presentation. Entrees come with a very nice salad, a side and vegetable making for a great value. Dessert are delectable...I will be dreaming of the Rich Chocolate Cake!!

Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

We are honored that you choose us to be part of such a special occasion as your anniversary--and on multiple occasions!
Thank you for your kind comments--and keep dreaming of that cake.....Cheers!

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife was at afternoon tea at the O'Henry. We planned on shopping afterwards so I decided to spend the afternoon having lunch and getting some personal projects done on the web in the Green Valley Grill/bar

The soup of the day was spectacular and very filling. Later I had a chicken sandwhich that was very good. Service was attentive but not obtrusive as I spent 3 hours there.

It was a great place to spend a rainey cold Saturday afternoon

Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

You certainly describe perfectly what an afternoon should be at our restaurant. We think it's important to let our guests pace their own experience, whether or not the have 30 minutes for lunch or in you case--a rainy afternoon. The soup is one of the best parts of the menu--different chefs create new soups daily and you just can't go wrong with that! Say hello next time you're in!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I surprised my husband, and made dinner reservations via your website. Your menu drew me in. The airplane was delayed, on Friday night, however, it was only 11 min later than what we expected to arrive. we were very promptly seated, lobby was FULL of folks waiting. Matthew, our server took extra special attention to my special diet, and recommended Parmesan chicken and I had to write. This is the best meal I've had in all on North Carolina! Exceptional service! My husband enjoyed the rotisserie. Chicken, delectable choices!

We are honored to be called exceptional! Matthew is great, I'll definitely make sure he sees your review. Our service staff is a huge part of the reason guests who have experiences like yours share with others in the trip advisor community. Thank you so much!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

December 7th was my birthday and my husband wanted me to choose our dinner venue. I chose the Green Valley Grill at the O.Henry Hotel in Greensboro. I always order the parmasean crusted chicken because it is so wonderful but when I saw scallops on the menu, I knew I had to try them. This was the most incredibly delicious dinner I believe either of us have ever had. We started our meal with a glass of chardonnay and a beer. We ordered the Truffled mushroom flatbread and added Giacomo’s sausage and caramelized onions = AMAZING! This needs to be a staple for the GVG menu! For my entree I ordered the Pan Seared Scallops over butternut squash and sauteed spinach and it was INCREDIBLE and had a Gorgeous Presentation! My husband's entree was the Oak-fired Filet Mignon topped w/Gorgonzola stuffed portabella mushroom – OMG!! The best filet I’ve ever tasted!! Absolutely Mouthwatering!! Our wonderful waitress topped our evening off with a piece of Rich Chocolate Cake for my birthday. If you go to the GVG website and look at the menus and wine list page, you can see a picture of everything I've mentioned above, except for the cake. I can't wait to go back! Next time we'll have to stay at the O.Henry Hotel so that we can wake up and have their fantastic buffet breakfast! The GVG changes their menu seasonally so hurry up and get over there so that you can enjoy this same meal before the end of January! Cheers!

1  Thank Michelle M
Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

WOW!!! Our team is thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us--it is our mission to deliver on food, service, and atmosphere so we could not be more delighted to see your comments on all those aspects. Thank you so much for choosing to spend your birthday celebration with us!