“EXCEPTIONAL Dining”
Review of Green Valley Grill

Green Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 937 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Friendly Avenue & Benjamin Parkway
Description: Visit us and enjoy informally elegant fine dining and seasonal food using Old-World European culinary sensibilities and flavors. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 75 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic decor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, brunch or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I surprised my husband, and made dinner reservations via your website. Your menu drew me in. The airplane was delayed, on Friday night, however, it was only 11 min later than what we expected to arrive. we were very promptly seated, lobby was FULL of folks waiting. Matthew, our server took extra special attention to my special diet, and recommended Parmesan chicken and I had to write. This is the best meal I've had in all on North Carolina! Exceptional service! My husband enjoyed the rotisserie. Chicken, delectable choices!

Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

We are honored to be called exceptional! Matthew is great, I'll definitely make sure he sees your review. Our service staff is a huge part of the reason guests who have experiences like yours share with others in the trip advisor community. Thank you so much!

-Audrey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

December 7th was my birthday and my husband wanted me to choose our dinner venue. I chose the Green Valley Grill at the O.Henry Hotel in Greensboro. I always order the parmasean crusted chicken because it is so wonderful but when I saw scallops on the menu, I knew I had to try them. This was the most incredibly delicious dinner I believe either of us have ever had. We started our meal with a glass of chardonnay and a beer. We ordered the Truffled mushroom flatbread and added Giacomo’s sausage and caramelized onions = AMAZING! This needs to be a staple for the GVG menu! For my entree I ordered the Pan Seared Scallops over butternut squash and sauteed spinach and it was INCREDIBLE and had a Gorgeous Presentation! My husband's entree was the Oak-fired Filet Mignon topped w/Gorgonzola stuffed portabella mushroom – OMG!! The best filet I’ve ever tasted!! Absolutely Mouthwatering!! Our wonderful waitress topped our evening off with a piece of Rich Chocolate Cake for my birthday. If you go to the GVG website and look at the menus and wine list page, you can see a picture of everything I've mentioned above, except for the cake. I can't wait to go back! Next time we'll have to stay at the O.Henry Hotel so that we can wake up and have their fantastic buffet breakfast! The GVG changes their menu seasonally so hurry up and get over there so that you can enjoy this same meal before the end of January! Cheers!

1  Thank Michelle M
Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

WOW!!! Our team is thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us--it is our mission to deliver on food, service, and atmosphere so we could not be more delighted to see your comments on all those aspects. Thank you so much for choosing to spend your birthday celebration with us!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Ambiance! Staff! Food!
How's that for a good start? A wonderful restaurant and bar. A restaurant that doesn't have a bad seat in place, along with good outside seating. I certainly don't know of a place in Greensboro that you can 75 wine choices by the glass. The food is wonderful and prices are not hateful and staff is very hands on, seemingly always close by should you need something. During the past 18 months I've likely been to over 100 restaurants and this is by far the best.

This is simply wonderful! It is an honor to receive high praises from you! Thanks for being our advocate.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Attended a Christmas concert at the Greensboro Coliseum and the Green Valley Grill is just a few miles from the Coliseum. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the staff were gracious and pleasant in their attention and serving. The sweet potato bisque soup was savory and warm on a cold winter's night. Combine this with entrees of pan seared scallops and baked pecan crusted trout, topped off by a rustic apple tart and you have the makings for a very fine dinner and an enjoyable experience. This is definitely a restaurant that you will want to return time after time as the menu does change. Dress can be casual to black tie (pre/post formal, concert and theatre activities) and serves individuals, couples, families and groups.

Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

This is fantastic! Your review points out every part of what we are about-- from the food to our service. We appreciate you taking the time to share this experience with the Trip Advisor community.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were in the area for Thanksgiving and made reservations early so we were assured a table. Glad we did, as it was very busy. It's easy to understand why, great service, fantastic food will make a place busy, especially on Thanksgiving.
Very friendly staff met us and we only waited a few minutes. We were actually a half hour early so they were able to fit us in early as well. Once seated we were well taken care of by the knowable and friendly wait staff.
Everything we had was delicious and done just right.
The deserts were to die for, although rather large and filling.
All in all if were ever around here we will certainly be back. It was actually priced well below what I had anticipated for a holiday dinner.

Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving holiday with us! Our Pastry Chef, Laura, is delighted you give rave reviews about her desserts.