“Nickel-and-diming at its finest”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nickel-and-diming at its finest”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have got to say - I went here once for a family member's birthday and I was very underwhelmed. I don't mind paying more for a truly excellent meal, but what I had here was a meal where I paid individually for every side at the table and got a very small portion of unseasoned steak. Call me a barbarian, but I like a well-seasoned steak. Just the taste of meat alone doesn't do it for me. Three of us ended up costing over $200 when I honestly feel like I have had much better-tasting steak at a casual restaurant like Outback or Longhorn. I wouldn't waste your money on this place unless you're really just looking to be able to brag to your friends later, "Look at me, I'm rich, I went to Ruth's Chris!"

Visited January 2013
1 Thank calivianya

Kernersville, North Carolina
“Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have eaten at a Ruth Chris before but my husband hadn't and needless to say, he was impressed!! The Caesar salad is to die for and of course.....THE STEAK, served on a 500 degree plate, was impeccable. Everything we had was excellent including the service. Our waiter(s) were all very attentive and made the evening that much better. Can't wait to return!

• Visited October 2013
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great Anniversary Meal”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have eaten at Ruth's Chris before and found it to be a good meal, but didn't think it was anything special for the price. My wife wanted to go here for our anniversary and since it was a special occasion I figured why not.

I can say after this visit, it was well worth the price. We informed them that it was our anniversary when we arrived. We didn't have any idea that they would give us a free dessert with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate.

I had a caesar salad, the petite filet, and broccoli au Gratin. My wife had also had the petite filet, and potatoes au Gratin. The steaks were definitely some of the best steaks we have ever had. I would recommend getting them cooked a little less than normal since they were still cooking on the very hot plate when it arrived at the table.

The sides and the desert were excellent. The service was some of the best we have ever had. All around an excellent meal.

• Visited August 2013
“Another wonderful meal”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Having enjoyed this restaurant many times we can say the service and food remains top notch. Our steak and shrimp were impeccable and the service is very attentive.

• Visited June 2013
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This location like all Ruth's Chris locations is top notch. Great service, great food, great atmosphere. My husband and I became engaged at this restaurant nine years ago. We celebrate anniversaries and birthdays here every year. I do not eat red meat on a regular basis, but I always have the petite filet. They also have the best tomato and onion salad I've ever had. Nothing even remotely negative to say ever ....

Visited April 2013