“Great Special Occasion Place”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Burlington, North Carolina
“Great Special Occasion Place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've dined at the Greensboro location many times for special occasions over the years. We ate here for our 29th wedding anniversary this past Sunday night and it did not disappoint. Our meal was delicious. We chose the option that included a salad or soup, meat, side and dessert. The restaurant is pretty. The restaurant is very expensive, but is worth it every once in awhile.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Ruth Chris Greensboro Needs Work”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

On our recent visit to Ruth Chris, my husband and I were looking forward to a nice evening out to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. We had experienced the Myrtle Beach location so felt we knew what to expect. Service was a bit rushed to begin with and then later in our meal, we could find no one to wait on us (too many tables?). My husband and I both ordered martinis to start. My husbands came out filled to the rim but mine was only 3/4 of the glass. In hindsight, I should have sent it back but did not. We liked our server and when he was there, he was good. I also found that the butter flavor on my petite filet was too strong and although I ordered it cooked medium, it was more well done than I would have liked. The one thing that did upset us over everything else was there was a very large party (12-14) in an adjoining room that were very loud. We could not hear each other talk or hear the music when they were rowdy. Several times they got quieter but then they would roar to life again. We complained to our server and he said that he had spoken to the manager but nothing was done. We enjoyed our experience at the Myrtle Beach location so much that I guess we just expected too much from the Greensboro location.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I made reservations for my parents on Father's Day & wanted them to experience what I experienced at Ruth's Chris. I thought it would be nice to pay for my parents' meal & surprise them so I drove from Raleigh to their location to sign the credit card form, was told that my parents were going to be taken care of & I was on my way out the door. My parents enjoyed the food they had ribeye, lobster, green bean casserole & the lobster bisque & it was delicious. After their dinner I get a phone call from my parents telling me that their server still handed them their check which made me LIVID since the manager told me everything was already taken care of including the tip . My parents then went on to say that she told the server that she thought I had already taken care of their bill since I came in the day before to fill out the credit card form so she goes & grabs the manager & he comes out & says that it was their mistake & yes I did take care of it. I feel if I'm paying 260$ including tip the food service & experience needs to be amazing & it was disappointing to hear about their experience.

1 Thank xdoobie
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Not my favorite”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Terrific steaks, good sides, but like Fleming's, it's very expensive. What I dislike is whatever they slather their steaks with prior to serving them. To my tastes, the butter, oil, whatever it is, detracts from the steak's flavor.

Greenville, South Carolina
“enjoyed”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We enjoyed this place very much. Combination dinners seemed to be the best value. The filet was very good but the Greek salad and creamed spinach stole the show. Service was just right. Hope to return sometime. Price makes this more of a special event type restaurant unless you are on expense account!

• Visited April 2013