“Neighborhood Gem”

Osteria Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Osteria proudly extends the world famous flavors of the Emilia-Romagna (Bologna) region to Greensboro and offers tastes of the renown Italian cuisine staples of prosciutto, mortadella, parmigiano and balsamic to area diners. Located at Westover Gallery Shops, our 65 seat restaurant serves up a taste of Italy at lunch and dinner. Our extensive selection of handmade pastas includes traditional items as ravioli, strozzapreti, taglioni, gnocchi and fettucini. Our sauces are made fresh daily and much like the namesake osteria in Italy, focus predominantly on local vegetables and ingredients. Pastas are complemented with our other menu options: salads, fresh grilled choices and varying daily specials. The wine lists features more than 70 affordable selections, focusing primarily on the north central regions of Italy: Emilia-Romagna, Umbria, Tuscany, and Piemonte. The wine list also includes sparkling wines, such as prosecco and lambrusco for that special occasion celebration. We extend a warm invitation to be our guest at Osteria, where you will be treated to a cordial welcome and an authentic taste of Italy. Our menu changes seasonally to take advantage of the local ingredients. Our wine list also changes accordingly.
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Finally, a great Italian restaurant in Greensboro!
Goes far beyond pasta with meat balls and lasagna with parsley on the rim of the plate.
Creative (I'd say even artistic) menu, especially pastas and seafood. My wife and I still haven't tried their meat dishes, every time got steered toward pastas and seafood...
The wine list is outstanding! And it gets better over time: great off the beaten path selection of Italian whites and reds (beyond Chianti and Pinot Grigio, with all due respect to those great wines and dishes).
The wine list and good selection of small portions should make it a good wine bar. (haven't tried it yet...)
Note that the list of specials is usually about as big as the regular menu, which it rather small.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrey P

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Red toque, orange clogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have eaten here twice, first with a friend. I liked it so much that I returned with my nephew and niece. I loved the chicken paillard and the endive salad. For dessert, I ordered panna cotta, one of my favorites that I was amazed to find here in Greensboro. It was as perfect as any I have had in Italy! My friend had strudel for dessert, and loved it. At dinner with my family, I had beet salad (perfetto!) and salmon. Both delicious. My niece and nephew both ordered a special seafood dish, corvina with shrimp and crabmeat, and practically licked their plates! Nephew loved the strudel for dessert, and, of course, I had panna cotta again. Wine was good; service was good. My only concern is the noise level. Some soft surfaces would help control that. Otherwise, the room is lovely. Oh . . . The chef wears a red toque and orange clogs. Charming!!

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have gone here several times and have always been delighted. We love the wine selection - allI Italian wines!
You must try the chicken pillaird it is light and wonderful. Also try the endive salad and any pasta dish. The bread is also made and baked there. If you are craving Italian food put this on you list.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anoza
United States
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Osteria Italian Restaurant has a really friendly staff and yummy Italian food. What a nice treat - a real hidden gem.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Maria L
“Hidden Pearl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I have been dining at Osteria since it opened up a few months ago, and this restaurant is simply amazing, starting from the food quality, to the attentive yet not intrusive service and ending with the nice and qualitative variety of the wine list which is almost 100 % comprised of italian wines. The hand made pasta and the fresh fish usually served on friday and saturday are our absolute favorite, simply prepared but flowing with flavor and taste. Tip: if you would like the fresh fish call ahead because it runs out pretty quick especially on friday or saturday night. The Caprese salad and their carrot or zuchini soups are excellent as well. Desserts could use some more variety but if you like panacotta they have a good one. Simply put a great addition to the rather limited choices of great restaurants that Greensboro has. Since I cannot describe all the great dishes this restaurant offers I have included a link from their last review by John Batchelor who as the local foodies know is the source for advise on where to eat in Greensboro http://www.news-record.com/go_triad/article_f6040856-ce1c-11e2-858e-0019bb30f31a.html

• Visited July 2013